Discuss EV Charging info in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Informative thread.

Slightly off topic but someone posted about an EV charging unit a few weeks ago that didnt require the use of an earth rod.

Does anyone know the make and model or have datasheet for it?

Thanks
It was myself. The new podpoint unit needs no rod so is good for PME.

As asked above, I get my leads by being on the olev lists, zapmap and from manufacturers. Checkatrade and ratedpeople are also good sources.

Not sure why somebody waited 3 months for payment from olev for a commercial install. These are a lot simpler admin wise and usually i get paid from olev within 60 days.

Evbox's elvi charger is approved for both schemes and you get 20% off if an aproved installer. It has had the smart back office software from day 1 so hasnt gone up like the rolec units have.

As much as you can fit ev without the qual. I wouldn’t advise it. There is more to it than just cable calcs and sticking live neutral and earth in.

Also I would wait to fit them until a potential voltage difference device has been invented making them much safer.

As already covered you need to be in a scheme if installing home chargers as its notifiable.
For the olev schemes, you need to do acourse, city and guilds or a one day niceic thing. Then get manufacturer approval for each make via training days etc which is usually free. Some make you get the brands tester. Some makes will approve you for domestic chargers only if you arent NICEIC AC or equivalent.
Then apply to olev. Homecharge applications can be long as the paperwork is long. Workplace is much much easier.
You can fit one outside of olev schemes but as above you wont get the subsidy.
I have fitted 22 in the last year, between domestic and workplace ones. Its picking up and got more to quote for.
Thanks for that informative reply Gavin.

I'm guessing you have done the course then and also the training days for each manufacturer?

Also, how many of those 22 installations were domestic?

Thanks for that informative reply Gavin.

I'm guessing you have done the course then and also the training days for each manufacturer?

Also, how many of those 22 installations were domestic?
It splits at roughly 65% Domestic 35% workplace installs.
The same chargers for each (rolec or evbox) usually, I install the EVBox chargers - Elvi which is brilliant and well priced with your trade/installer discount, its on par with a rolec smart one now as they had the smart stuff from day 1 where as rolec have increased prices.
otherwise if customer wants the bare minimum then it was always the olev approved rolec 32 amp units.
If you want more info let me know and when i get 5 minutes will send you some stuff over via pdf for you to have a read

That would be really helpful Gavin..... any chance I could have a copy also please ;-)
Me as well please Gav, looks interesting, not that I'll be installing any , but just to keep up with things, if you don't mind that is.

i will put some bits together over the next few days and then send to you all. Bare with me I am getting in late at moment as I am mid way through a rewire. so hot dirty and long days are routing for me.

Hi All,

Seen the .gov consultation thats about making these mandatory in new builds? Could be a good earner for those that do new-builds if they can do the EV points too?

Cheers

Brian

NICEIC day course booked ✅

Do a quite a few new builds so would be good to offer this as an option.
Will also be sending a mail shot to all our Customers past and present from the last 10 years.

Seems like a good money making opportunity to me

as always. too much red tape and money for shiny-arsed suits. i won't be diong any and i'll stick with my smelly old Hiace diesel planet destroyer. so UP YOURS, green party tree-hugging vegans.

NICEIC day course booked ✅

Do a quite a few new builds so would be good to offer this as an option.
Will also be sending a mail shot to all our Customers past and present from the last 10 years.

Seems like a good money making opportunity to me
I did the niceic course.
Do you realise you wont achieve a qualification.
Oleg will not recognise it.
It is just a course to prepare you for the city and guilds course.
You don’t need to do this course to do the city and guilds course.

I wasn’t happy when I turned up to find this out.

Well done NIC EV course.... was ok and did learn a fair bit.
In process of registering as pod-point installer, much simpler as can run off PME and also has load limited so need to get approval by DNO beforehand.

Got a few jobs lined up already ;-)

Reply to EV Charging info in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock