Discuss EV OLEV and Napit in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone here Napit registered or has electricians on their own Napit scheme?

I've not too long ago done an EV course all fine, Rolec based.

My question is this; I'm currently debating whether to join NICEIC but, I've a friend i occasionally sub to who had been doing my certificates after viewing the work and he has asked about me being a named member on his Napit.

Would this class me as a member of an electrical association under OLEV view and therefore enable me to qualify for the OLEV scheme or do i specifically have to have my.own personal membership to a body?

I realise some of you may be able to help or shoot me down, but any answers appreciated! ?

I’d guess no. I think you as your own company would have to be registered. But at the end of the day ask olev for their view

I tried both olev and napit today and typically a Government run section doesn't work weekends and the guy at Napit told me they can't give out advice on weekends ?. I'll try them again Monday, just wondered if anyone has been in the same situation as me. Thanks for replying buddy.

No problem typical isnt it. I’d get Olev to put any answers in writing just in case you need to use it against them in the future if you know what I mean!

There's only one sure way to find out, and that is to make an application to OLEV to become an authorised installer using your mate's NAPIT membership. However, don't be surprised if your application is declined. I can't see OLEV allowing you to use someone else's membership of a scheme as if it were your own. But that's just my opinion.

If you're planning on doing installs under the OLEV grant scheme, you will need to obtain an authorisation letter from each of the individual manufacturers whose products you will be installing.

This is the application criteria as shown on OLEV's website:

If you are a new installer, to apply online you'll need:
  • proof of membership of the Electrician Associations (e.g. NICEIC/NAPIT/ECA/Select) - your details will need to be visible on the relevant website
  • proof of your public liability insurance - not employers' liability insurance
  • proof your company's installers have been trained to install electric vehicle chargepoints; names of installers, their qualifications and renewal dates
  • proof you are approved by the chargepoint manufacturer/s to install their products
  • ensure all evidence provided is up to date and lists your current address - if there is any difference between your evidence and your application, please provide an explanation

Agree with JK. OLEV make you send copies of all paperwork to them

Thanks for the replies guys. I assumed the case would be to apply for membership on my own but just thought it's worth asking the question before i decide to give all my hard earned money to a membership scheme ?.

Reply to EV OLEV and Napit in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock