Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Evening! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chronyx

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Have just finished my first days work on site as an apprentice electrician, just on a three month trial at the moment to see how I get on.

Thought I'd see if there was an electrician forum as I'm signed up to every other bloody forum out there :D

Cheers,

Tim

B

Bane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to the site Tim.

How'd you get on with your first day then? Enjoy it? You doing commercial or domestic work?

W

wayne

tried the rest now the wo...
gotta nickname yet ? other than oy you ?

S

Shakey

An apprentice electrician?
signed up to the electricians forum?

thats where i've been going wrong, i'm a butcher by trade, and i been waiting for a question on pork chops to answer

welcome mate;)

C

chronyx

Well today I was just doing the noggins (?) for the cable to hang from and chasing in boxes so no electrical work...but I've never even taken a drill to a wall before so it's all good new experience!

I'm working on a huge new house at St. George's Hill in Weybridge.

As for nicknames...

:D:D

S

Shakey

Well today I was just doing the noggins (?) for the cable to hang from and chasing in boxes so no electrical work...but I've never even taken a drill to a wall before so it's all good new experience!

I'm working on a huge new house at St. George's Hill in Weybridge.

As for nicknames...

:D:D
yes mate, chasing in boxes aint electrical work, i think your boss is taking the mick

now you be sure to tell him, come Friday

"now look fella, i'm training to be a sparks, if you want someone to bash walls about, get a bloody labourer"

that'll tell im!!!!!!!!!!!;)

W

wayne

did you find the triggger on the drill or use it as an 'ammer i know what you apprentices are like
anyway the shiny stuff with plastic round it is probably cable hope this helps:D

C

chronyx

It's a first fix so I guess to be expected - although I did touch some cable today! (Feeding it through)

I'm not signed to any other 'lectrickery forums so I'll take your word on this being the best :D

Today I learntnenend which way round is the correct way to hold a screwdriver...

W

wayne

i found the cure for 'ammer rash was a bigger 'ammer(larger surface area less time on the 'ammer ,sad i know)
or a rotary stop drill

C

chronyx

been sent for a glass 'ammer yet?
:D A mate spark told his apprentice that he only had a Duncan type file and to go and ask the builders for a Peter file......

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Evening! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom