Discuss Evening! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chronyx

Have just finished my first days work on site as an apprentice electrician, just on a three month trial at the moment to see how I get on.

Thought I'd see if there was an electrician forum as I'm signed up to every other bloody forum out there :D

Cheers,

Tim

Welcome to the site Tim.

How'd you get on with your first day then? Enjoy it? You doing commercial or domestic work?

tried the rest now the wo...
gotta nickname yet ? other than oy you ?

An apprentice electrician?
signed up to the electricians forum?

thats where i've been going wrong, i'm a butcher by trade, and i been waiting for a question on pork chops to answer

welcome mate;)

Well today I was just doing the noggins (?) for the cable to hang from and chasing in boxes so no electrical work...but I've never even taken a drill to a wall before so it's all good new experience!

I'm working on a huge new house at St. George's Hill in Weybridge.

As for nicknames...

Evening! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

:D:D

Well today I was just doing the noggins (?) for the cable to hang from and chasing in boxes so no electrical work...but I've never even taken a drill to a wall before so it's all good new experience!

I'm working on a huge new house at St. George's Hill in Weybridge.

As for nicknames...

Evening! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

:D:D

yes mate, chasing in boxes aint electrical work, i think your boss is taking the mick

now you be sure to tell him, come Friday

"now look fella, i'm training to be a sparks, if you want someone to bash walls about, get a bloody labourer"

that'll tell im!!!!!!!!!!!;)

did you find the triggger on the drill or use it as an 'ammer i know what you apprentices are like
anyway the shiny stuff with plastic round it is probably cable hope this helps:D

It's a first fix so I guess to be expected - although I did touch some cable today! (Feeding it through)

I'm not signed to any other 'lectrickery forums so I'll take your word on this being the best :D

Today I learntnenend which way round is the correct way to hold a screwdriver...

i found the cure for 'ammer rash was a bigger 'ammer(larger surface area less time on the 'ammer ,sad i know)
or a rotary stop drill

been sent for a glass 'ammer yet?

When I was at sea we had a deck cadet(apprentice) with us in the engine room sent him to the boiler room fourth engineer like a soft sod for a bucket of steam.

Fourth sent him back with a bucket of water telling him he'd run out of steam only had condensed steam, he didn't twig at first until he was told as it was a steam ship how the hell where the lights on and why where we moving if we didn't have any steam?

The third engineer then emptied the bucket of water over cadets head.:D

When i was an apprentice ,one chargrhand used to make you "do a foot of nippleing" every time he saw you with your hands in your pockets!

Reply to Evening! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock