Discuss Evening! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

nice one ian the other classics are "go for a long stand " or a left handed 'ammer (sorry about the obsession with 'ammers)

Well today I was just doing the noggins (?) for the cable to hang from and chasing in boxes so no electrical work...but I've never even taken a drill to a wall before so it's all good new experience!

I'm working on a huge new house at St. George's Hill in Weybridge.

As for nicknames...

Evening! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

:D:D
Your lucky when i started out it was all by hand.
I was even made to drill holes for fixing using a rawltool-Batt drills had not been invented and power was not always available.
And just to show my age the bloke who taught me used to use a blow torch to terminate cables (lead)
Welcome to the club.

usefull bit of kit is a rawlplug tool,;)
its a bit like a record most younsters wouldnt know what it is,
anyway wellcome to the nitemare :)
are you older than shakey?
atvbitwww

usefull bit of kit is a rawlplug tool,;)
its a bit like a record most younsters wouldnt know what it is,
anyway wellcome to the nitemare :)
are you older than shakey?
atvbitwww

When I was an apprentice me and the other apprentice had use one of these to moke a s*** load of holes. Electrcian asked what was taking so long, told him it was hurting are fingers only to find out we where using it wrong.

Reason we where using the bit only without the handle, we felt a right pair of pillocks then told the electrician he was a T*** for not showing us how to use it properly in the first place.:eek:

When I was at sea we had a deck cadet(apprentice) with us in the engine room sent him to the boiler room fourth engineer like a soft sod for a bucket of steam.

Fourth sent him back with a bucket of water telling him he'd run out of steam only had condensed steam, he didn't twig at first until he was told as it was a steam ship how the hell where the lights on and why where we moving if we didn't have any steam?

The third engineer then emptied the bucket of water over cadets head.:D

:D:D:D That is f*cking brilliant

When i was at college, a woman worked in the stores. She was a bit butch ya know..long grey hair in a pony tail kinda looked a bit like a pikey. I asked her for a long slow screw for a joke.She didn't get the joke so i walked away sniggering

Reply to Evening! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock