Discuss Ex forces, looking for domestic electrical experience early next year. Happy to be paid in knowledge in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

t.kirk

-
Reaction score
Making a career change for a more stable home life in Liverpool/Northwest. Armourer by military trade but have a keen interest in perusing electrics. I will be completing domestic installation full scope, 17th edition wiring regs, c&g building regs and JIB ECS H&S.

I by no means think I would be close to having the experience needed to be a competent domestic electrician.

Would my personal and above skills be of use to a business who could give me the valuable on sight experience and a foot in the door.

I await your advice I also have very thick skin

reading the OP, just a domestic installer. far better to do the 2365 evenings over a couple of years, while trying to get work as a mate/improver.

Iv attached the details of the course qualification. It provides a recognised route into any UK domestic electrical Competent Persons Scheme.

IMG_7345.jpg

true. but it means that all you can do is domestic work. industrial is far more rewarding, but it takes a lot more to get there.

reading the OP, just a domestic installer. far better to do the 2365 evenings over a couple of years, while trying to get work as a mate/improver.

Thanks for info. Fully prepared for more study and enjoy it just hoping I could get in with someone full time to really get a feel for the job even a couple of weeks. Hard working determined although not experienced man willing to work for free must be a worth to someone.

and check agencies for mates' jobs. if you signup with indeed you get dasily notifications of jobs in your area.

from that link, this:
Electro-Technical Certificate Courses ( City and Guilds 2357, 2365 and 2330 )
The new qualification for installation Electricians is the City and Guilds 2357 which combines the previous 2330 Electro-Technical Certificate with the 2356 NVQ.

This qualification is broken down into 10 units which are;

course_etc_1.jpg

• Health and Safety
  • Environmental legislation
  • Overseeing the work environment
  • Selection and planning an installation
  • Preparing and installing an installation
  • Terminating and connections
  • Inspection, testing and commissioning
  • Diagnosing and correcting faults
  • Principles behind design
  • Maintaining
Each unit will have an assessment, whether on-line multi-choice exam or written project and candidates will be guided through each one during the course.

Our course is designed for anyone, whether you work in the industry or not. Tutor led classes run during the evening or daytime are designed to take you through the underpinning knowledge requirement and workshop activities are included to equip you with the practical skills needed on the job.

There is an added requirement for on-site experience to complete the course. However, modules of the qualification which do not require actual experience can be achieved until site work can be gained.

Because the NVQ element is incorporated within the new course, there is no requirement to complete a separate NVQ to gain fully qualified status.

The course will be delivered between 12-18 months on a 1 evening a week or 1 full day every other week basis. Extra time will be required for workshop activities.......

is the basic core qualification. do this and you will be a qualified electrician, able to get a JIB gold card once NVQ has been obtained. this willopen the door to all fields of the trade.

Reply to Ex forces, looking for domestic electrical experience early next year. Happy to be paid in knowledge in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net