• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Excessive prices. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkdog

sparkdog
Electrician's Arms
Has anyone else noticed that on ebay a lot of test equipment is being listed with buy it now prices which are well above the full retail price?Like Martindale proving unit £280 Megger insulation/continuity £780.

1shortcircuit

Ebay is Megger expensive these days (Sorry, couldn't resist ;))

I prefer to use Amazon to be honest, most items I search for turn up to be cheaper on there than ebay and the service tends to be far better too:thumbsup

jase

Electrician's Arms
I have to say that i have been looking lately cos i hate my fluke 1651 now, and i have to say that as forum sponsors i have looked on test-meter and i reckon they are a good price, and thats before you get 5% off for being a forum member :yesnod:

supasparxs

Electrician's Arms
Has anyone else noticed that on ebay a lot of test equipment is being listed with buy it now prices which are well above the full retail price?Like Martindale proving unit £280 Megger insulation/continuity £780.
I've just google "proving unit" the first one to come up was http://www.pat-services.co.uk/martindale-pd240-pocket-proving-unit-1883.htm?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=1883&utm_campaign=froogle
£54

So fleabay is more expensive, than what we ca normally buy by looking around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance