Discuss Expected r1 r2 value when circuit 16.5m long in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

smthdeedog48

Hi Guys stuck: A ring final circuit wired in 2.5/1.5 Resis: per m 7.41 and 12.1 what is the expected value of (r2+R2) the circuit is 16.5m long

This sounds suspiciously like a homework question, which is something we don't just answer for you.

If you tell us what you think the answer is and how you worked it out, or just what you think you should do to work it out then we can help you with advice.

Is this a college question, if so let us know and try and have a go yourself then all the guys will happily jump in to help you out.

You have all the info you need to do this mate but like everyone else has said, you have to have a go yourself first

OK. multiply the resistance/m for r1 x the length. then do the same for r2. then add them together. you might need an abacus or a smoke packet and pen if you can't do it in your head

edit: just re-read OP/. if you want R1+R2 (allowing for a typo), then do as archie said just. mancs are not just for football.

well can some tell me where in my regs or guidance note I may find how to do the Maths my self? See I have a exam on Tuesday and just trying to get my head around the formulas working out a question like this one cheers thanks for the push to do it myself.

well can some tell me where in my regs or guidance note I may find how to do the Maths my self? See I have a exam on Tuesday and just trying to get my head around the formulas working out a question like this one cheers thanks for the push to do it myself.

in that case, make sure you differentiate between r1 and R1 etc. in an exam correct terminology is crucial. r1 is the end to end resistance of a ring final. R1 denotes resistance to mid point. ( this relating to the L conductor. rN, Rn... r2,R2 respectively for N and E conductors.)

I thought this a fello website for electricians who might need a hand from the more experienced I have loads to review until Tuesday I have must of down pack, just got stuck on this one lol thank for your encouragement and help lol

I thought this a fello website for electricians who might need a hand from the more experienced I have loads to review until Tuesday I have must of down pack, just got stuck on this one lol thank for your encouragement and help lol

If you are in college why not apply for access to our trainee section where there are guys studying the same courses and can be a huge help with questions, also a few of the guys who are advising you in this thread are also mentors in their and will give you heaps of assistance.

Hi Guys stuck: A ring final circuit wired in 2.5/1.5 Resis: per m 7.41 and 12.1 what is the expected value of (r2+R2) the circuit is 16.5m long

AH, you're a fellow Manc! :)
Here you go...

r1 = 0.00741 * 16.5 Ohms
r2 = 0.0121 * 16.5 Ohms

R1+R2 = the sum of the above divided by 4 (see previous equation up thread)

Thanks everyone ! One more advice tip I'm chasing to do test and inspections 56 next month and fit through the loft space lol just want to do the testing side of things and some remedial work when I give a c1 /c2/ or c3 and save all the claiming for young guys lol. Cheers again for everyone help my name is Darrel

Reply to Expected r1 r2 value when circuit 16.5m long in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net