Discuss Expected test results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

N2ETC

Hi is there somewhere or some website that gives you expected real life test results, so for example if I go and do some tests on a shower circuit that has a 7.6kw shower on a 32A what you would perhaps say the R1+R2 should be.

Reason for asking when I was doing my course my tutor said you should expect to see say 1/4 to 1/2 ohm on a cooker radial circuit for example. I appreciate you need to do the calculations which I am trying to get my head around, buts i find its helpful to know what you should be seeing and if there were any tables giving you any estimates.

Thanks

It will always depend on the size and length of cable used have a look at the On Site Guide Appendix 9 which is page 166.

Hope that helps

Chris

I think your tutor needs a swift talking to. How can he say you should expect to see any kind of reading? Depends on cable size, length, so therefore size of installation, position of board relative to end of circuit, too many factors to even begin to put in an expected reading.

I could give you an average of what I found doing 175 housing association periodics, but that would prove nothing.

It will always depend on the size and length of cable used have a look at the On Site Guide Appendix 9 which is page 166.

Hope that helps
Chris

IET Guide page 166 is appendix G (Remedial Work, and Periodic Inspection), the UNiTE Guide only has 106 pages, which OSG are you referring too.

:mad: Whoops, but I do wonder what OSG acat was referring too, but probably re-written a dozen times by now, so not very relevant, when you are in a hole and you can't see over the top stop digging. :eek:

Reply to Expected test results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net