Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Explain ''code 4'' in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys,
Not used to filling in certificates for jobs just yet, so i have a question for you. I have heard about people putting in code 4 on the test sheets, can you just explain code 4 and explain why and when you use it.

Thanks, all responses are appreciated...

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Hi Guys,
Not used to filling in certificates for jobs just yet, so i have a question for you. I have heard about people putting in code 4 on the test sheets, can you just explain code 4 and explain why and when you use it.

Basically what it states "Does not comply with BS7671"

When you carry out a periodic inspection you would be carrying it out in accordance with the current Regs (Now the 17th edition) but when the installation was installed it could have been installed to the 15th edition (which was in use at the time but was not a BS standard at the time) so the installation is not complying with the current BS7671.

W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Guys,

Dan here is a link to the Electrical safety council best pratice guides. Guide 4 will explain info on the codes used for PIR's

Best practice guides | Electrical Safety Council

Hope this helps

Warren

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Explain ''code 4'' in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom