Discuss Export pme to portakabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
factory unit with 800 amp supply 95 mm main earth and 50 mm main bonds
portakabin has been delivered as a permanent addition
wired on 10 mm 3 core swa and 32 a commando plugs
there is a water supply and metal parts.

am I right in saying that it will need to be put on a stake as the main earth and bonds are so big.

Thanks mark

Not again . . . . . I see more arguments, and quoting of regulations that have yet to appear in the books I read :90:. It's probably sat on terra-firma anyway.

It's personal choice Mark,

Export PME with bonding conductors, or 'TT' it with RCD etc. Both have pro's, both have con's.

Regards

Billy

Sorry Mark I see where your coming from mate, your saying that your sizing your bonding conductor to the size of the neutral of the supplier, so as your bond is 50mm then the supply neutral must be 150mm+ and table 54.8

In your case though mate your Kabin is not a PME, as your not allowed a PME system inside your installation, so in all intent and purposes you have a PME that at origin as been converted into a TN-S inside the installation

Sorry Mark I see where your coming from mate, your saying that your sizing your bonding conductor to the size of the neutral of the supplier, so as your bond is 50mm then the supply neutral must be 150mm+ and table 54.8

In your case though mate your Kabin is not a PME, as your not allowed a PME system inside your installation, so in all intent and purposes you have a PME that at origin as been converted into a TN-S inside the installation

yep agree with 1st bit

not sure i follow what you mean on 2nd bit please can you clarify thanks

Look at the definition of a PME or TNC-S which is Terra (Earth) Neutral Combined- Separated.

Once beyond the main intake you have just a TN system. The earth and neutral are now separated inside the system, so any further installations inside the complex will be just a TN separated, not a combined

If your going to extend the equipotential zone out to the kabin then any services to this Kabin will have to bond back to the MET via your wiring.

So if your going to use a SWA then you could use a 3 core, the 3rd core will be your bonding conductor and tie this at the Kabin with the SWA at both ends.

Reply to Export pme to portakabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net