Discuss Extended main Earth on connector block in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

elton

-
Reaction score
I was doing EICR on Saturday on the rented flat and apart from other issues I found that The Main Earth it has been extended with connector block so to reach the earth bar.(as to short)
The main earth it 6mm,and its the DB been upgraded by electrician 3 years ago.
What code would you give to extended main earth on connector, for EICR?
With the cable been short to reach only the DB but not the earth bar,can this been done without replacing the main earth on short term? need to damage the walls to get new earth cable,(having an MET out of CU is not option as cable too short )
On long term looking to change the CU and supply cable as supply is 16mm with 6mm main Earth.The distance from the meter to CU is about 5m,and tails allow only 3m,there is metal trunking used by existing supply

What type of block connector and is it fixed, an unfixed block connector I would deem a potentially unreliable connection in the long term.

I’d just crimp and heat shrink it tbh. I know EICRs are not supposed to include remedials, but.....
I'd like to but at worst it's a C3 and if started correcting C3s id get my boss and his customer asking why I'm wasting there time doing things that aren't required, in their opinion.

There will be two camps on this, those that think okay and those who do not, I am the latter as I find unfixed block connectors a poor solution for conductor connections.

Reply to Extended main Earth on connector block in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

On an EICR I found a 200 amp 3ph supply, TNS earthing (which looks original) and Ze of 19 ohms. No rods. No RCDs. L1 -> N was about 0.5 ohms...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
A silly fault in a circuit only 4m long is currently eluding me! This is ECIR remedials of a landlords supply in a block of flats. Circuit 2 =...
Replies
Views
Hello All, new to the forum. Would be grateful for advice on whether the following proposal is an acceptable solution or open to any suggestions...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock