uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Extending cooker cable, Scotland in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, I would like to move my built-under oven to the opposite side of the kitchen into an eye-level housing requiring 15M of 6mm T&E cable surface mounted round the kitchen behind the units. To keep it simple I intend leaving the existing switch connected to the existing cooker connection point and run the new cable from there to a new cooker connection point and thence to the cooker. Would this be legal in Scotland? Should I have a new fuse or RCD nearer the new connection point?

Aico 3000 Range

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Maybe run the cable and get a spark to connect it. It's clear you don't have the knowledge (and I don't mean that in a bad way) to carry out this job if your asking these sort of questions. If you do it yourself, be careful

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Best option is, to get a professional to survey, and plan the extension.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. The reason for the cable length question is that I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a fairly short length allowed between the cooker and the connection point.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
isolators should be located close to and convenient to operate the equipment they supply. I suggest you get someone with the knowledge and experience to specify it correctly and do the job right.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Extending cooker cable, Scotland in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom