Discuss Extending cooker cable, Scotland in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jim Crichton

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, I would like to move my built-under oven to the opposite side of the kitchen into an eye-level housing requiring 15M of 6mm T&E cable surface mounted round the kitchen behind the units. To keep it simple I intend leaving the existing switch connected to the existing cooker connection point and run the new cable from there to a new cooker connection point and thence to the cooker. Would this be legal in Scotland? Should I have a new fuse or RCD nearer the new connection point?

Aico 3000
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Matthewd29

Matthewd29

-
Esteemed
Arms
Maybe run the cable and get a spark to connect it. It's clear you don't have the knowledge (and I don't mean that in a bad way) to carry out this job if your asking these sort of questions. If you do it yourself, be careful

Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Best option is, to get a professional to survey, and plan the extension.

J

Jim Crichton

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. The reason for the cable length question is that I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a fairly short length allowed between the cooker and the connection point.

James

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
isolators should be located close to and convenient to operate the equipment they supply. I suggest you get someone with the knowledge and experience to specify it correctly and do the job right.

Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Extending cooker cable, Scotland in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom