Discuss Extending CT sensor for SolarImmersion in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mzone

Hi, I am planning to fit a SolarImmersion to make use of my excess generation and need to extend the CT clip-on sensor by about 7m. Their website states that this can be done using a twisted pair data cable, but no specifications. Has anyone needed to do this or can suggest a suitable cable gauge and if shielding is necessary. It just needs to run from the box, out the door, along the wall to the box were the PV and mains meet.

Any help appreciated.

We've used Cat5 to extend CT's for ImmerSUNs up to 50m :) Simple telephone twisted pair should be OK

From memory I think external phone cable (full BT spec) is not twisted pair...

External BT cable is not twisted pair, but it is a quality cable and mutli stranded core.

Cheapo internal cable with solid tinned core is twisted pair, we've run up to 25m without issue.

The actual CT has bare wires so you really need some BT gel connectors, which I used with cat5 cable - other end goes into the connection block as bare wires - hth

I've checked the external cable, it's 2 pair twisted solid core and I have some gel connectors, so hopefully no problems. Just waiting on the box.

Reply to Extending CT sensor for SolarImmersion in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Similar'ish question to my other thread but little more info now so a different approach but sorry if duplication. UK, single phase. Just had...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
F
With 8.5 KW of PV, two hot water cylinders and a meter spinning faster in reverse than it ever does forward it was obvious that something had to...
Replies
Views
Solar PV still attractive tomorrow!STA explains value of solar investment to domestic consumers New calculations show that investing in solar...
Replies
Views
A
S
Here is a list i have just copied off my website Teague Electrical - Home M.C.B. (Miniature Circuit Breaker) Electronic version of a fuse...
Replies
Views
Plonker 3
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock