Discuss Extension adapters in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DaveC1337

Wondering, whats the biggest extension adapter you can get. Or how many you can take from one socket.

I'm organizing a computer event. there will be 30 + computers so I'm wondering how many of these computers can I get on one plug.

Wondering, whats the biggest extension adapter you can get. Or how many you can take from one socket.

I'm organizing a computer event. there will be 30 + computers so I'm wondering how many of these computers can I get on one plug.

I think you will be limited to the maximum plug-top fuse,ie13amp.
But you might have problems with earth leakage.Your 30ma rcd might not be able to cope,it could operate at any level exceeding 15ma.Your supply circuit should also probably be with a high integrity earth connection.If your supply is a radial an additional 4mm earth is commonly used from the last socket to the consumer unit earth bar.You might also have surge problems,so try not to power everything up at once.

Hi,
When you say 30+ how many (if any) will be lap tops, it's only lots of desktops that will cause you problems, first off you will need to get some better idea of the fuse board / circuit layouts of the venue you intend to use.

Reply to Extension adapters in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am using a 160watt-200watt multi uv tube stand alone sunbed,When the 2 power leads (plugs protected by 2x13amp fuses) plugged into a double wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Hi, just hoping for a bit of advice. When I travel abroad (Europe, predominantly Spain/Cyprus) I usually take a single travel adaptor and a UK 4...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an electrician over and he took over from an incompetent builder. The builder already installed the wiring but the electrician told me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock