Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Extension adapters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DaveC1337

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Wondering, whats the biggest extension adapter you can get. Or how many you can take from one socket.

I'm organizing a computer event. there will be 30 + computers so I'm wondering how many of these computers can I get on one plug.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Wondering, whats the biggest extension adapter you can get. Or how many you can take from one socket.

I'm organizing a computer event. there will be 30 + computers so I'm wondering how many of these computers can I get on one plug.
I think you will be limited to the maximum plug-top fuse,ie13amp.
But you might have problems with earth leakage.Your 30ma rcd might not be able to cope,it could operate at any level exceeding 15ma.Your supply circuit should also probably be with a high integrity earth connection.If your supply is a radial an additional 4mm earth is commonly used from the last socket to the consumer unit earth bar.You might also have surge problems,so try not to power everything up at once.

L

lister

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi,
When you say 30+ how many (if any) will be lap tops, it's only lots of desktops that will cause you problems, first off you will need to get some better idea of the fuse board / circuit layouts of the venue you intend to use.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Extension adapters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom