Discuss Extension in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gingernut

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, my son's bedroom has no plug sockets at one side of the room. But I'd like to plug a bedside lamp and some LED lights in at that side of the room. Obviously I can run an extension lead from a socket on the other side of the room.
Would it be an option to run some cable or flex with a plug on, from the socket and attach a double socket at the other side of the room to use?
Any help and advise appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, my son's bedroom has no plug sockets at one side of the room. But I'd like to plug a bedside lamp and some LED lights in at that side of the room. Obviously I can run an extension lead from a socket on the other side of the room.
Would it be an option to run some cable or flex with a plug on, from the socket and attach a double socket at the other side of the room to use?
Any help and advise appreciated.
Thanks

How is a plugged in double socket better or preferable to a plugged in extension lead ?

How is a plugged in double socket better or preferable to a plugged in extension lead ?
It is an extension lead! But possibly (though not stated), the OP intends to clip it to the wall or skirting etc?

Because I already have a double socket, cable and trunking so it saves me ÂŁ20 on a 4/5 metre extension. If it is safe to do and I use the right cable.
[automerge]1586686875[/automerge]
Just wanted to ask the cable to use and the safest and correct way.

Last edited:

Reply to Extension in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Wonder if any one could give a rough estimate for first fix electrics for a small 4x4 side extension? Would involve moving consumer unit same...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a hobbyist without formal training. I'm looking to power audio/video equipment over several hundred feet of extension cords. I have 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock