Discuss External 12v PIR sensor problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

is it connected to a controller...the pots on the opal which i cant remember which way round they are,1 is range the other is lux level,turn them both to the left all the way then walk test if the light doesnt come on turn one pot till it does thats the lux pot,set the range and then turn the lux pot all the way to the left them up a notch,that should set it for dusk,other than that you might have some duffers

Yes connected to a controller Iv tried putting the lux levels all the way in each direction yet they are still coming on but its not all the time so it has me puzzled. Il have one more go with the lux control but if that doesn't work try swapping the sensors.

I take it the 3rd sensor that is an original wont work off the new controller so will I have to change that to be safe?

opals will only work on opal controllers,if your fitting xl's make sure all are xl's you can have 3 per zone,id recommend the emerald 2 zone controller also has a chime function..lets you know when the pizza man comes..:drunk:

Hi, Was interested to see this forum as I also have this problem but I am using the GJD Emerald controller and the lights still come on during the day. Any help would be gratefully received as this has been puzzling us for months and we've tried all the different settings possible. HELP!

Hi, Was interested to see this forum as I also have this problem but I am using the GJD Emerald controller and the lights still come on during the day. Any help would be gratefully received as this has been puzzling us for months and we've tried all the different settings possible. HELP!

Are you getting any voltage fluctuations?

Reply to External 12v PIR sensor problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net