Discuss External junction boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Quite like these,for various connections,hate the connectors inside though.
Wondering would you use compression glands on entry for flexes or pierce through the sealing membrane../neoprene to seal/hold the cable.

External junction boxes DB7DA16F-97E6-4E58-8B4F-28955B25FABF - EletriciansForums.net

I always use compression glands with them. I never like to depend on external clipping for strain relief.

You can buy them empty without connectors but most suppliers seem to stock the ones with the mountable connector strip.

I always use compression glands with them. I never like to depend on external clipping for strain relief.

You can buy them empty without connectors but most suppliers seem to stock the ones with the mountable connector strip.
Same here Andy we usually get them supplied empty though if you are installing an SWA into them you need the earth attachment as you can not use them with a earthnut as the thread is not long enough.

use flex glands every time. screwing the gland in breaks the neoprene seal, without you needing to cut it away first. with SWA, you can use banjos on the outside.

Agree they are ideal for Swa connections,I’ve seen a lot without using compression glands,& seems ok.
Impossible to get the nuts on In those boxes,so banjos are external.

Ok,the Swa gland thread does not reach the inside of the box,can’t see the problem lashing the banjo to the outside.

Earthing nuts do not fit them you are supposed to use these neater than lashing a banjo on the outside.
View attachment 51967
This is the correct item you use for those types of boxes as the thread is not long enough to bite the Parana earthnut. Wiska is a manufacturer they also do a smoothed faced adaptable box that you drill and the wall thickness is such that you can fit an earthnut around the gland thread.

Always use glands with them and either strip connectors or wagos depending on how many I've to terminate inside.
Never use the connectors inside, although the brass part can be used as a nut for some outside lights if you drop and lose it lol just touch up with a black marker.

Reply to External junction boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock