Discuss extra socket done to 16th in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi all im 99.9% certain ive done things properly, im just after it confirming!

my minor job for assesment:

originally double socket in bedroom, which is a spur from the ring.

i have come from this double socket to a Fused spur on the other side of the wall, from this to a double socket with its own RCD protection (consumer unit non Rcd protected)

think that everythings ok with this?

also on the minor works certificate, ive commented that there is no Rcd protection to socket outlets and that the fuse board has a wooden backing plate.

any comments appreciated!

i may be over the top with stuff but i dont want any problems come assesment day!

rich

You can spur of a spur aslong as you have a FCU before the first socket and, quoting BS7671,

"the number of socket outlets supplied from a FCU is dependant upon the load characteristics, having taken diversity into account".

Look at page 362 for more guidance

so the existing socket gets replace with a Fcu as it is a spur from the ring. i then feed my 2 dbl sockets from this spur.

cheers could of verified that me self, feel a bit silly now!!

rich

yeah all sorted now!! the job was done to the 16th and dont know if its overkill as the existing board has no RCD but ive made this FCU into a RCD FCU so both sockets are protected. did i need to do this really as its a 1st floor socket outlet, as per 16th rules?

ive mentioned that the board is outdated with the wooden backing plate etc and he's gonna have it changed to a new 17th board sometime next month.

also although the main equipotential bonding is up to standard the supplementary in the bathroom isnt from what i can see up to scratch, is this gonna be an issue so long as the main gas and water bonds are ok?

again im probably dwelling on things a bit too much but ive gotta make sure verything is bobby dazzler!

rich

yeah but the job is getting assessed on friday, and was done to 16th requirements. he's not having a new consumer unit fitted till next month, i know the main bonding is important but can i just add the supp'bonding as a comment on existing installation, what code would it get on a 16th PIR?

really dont wanna supp bond the bathroom when its all getting upgraded next month, just for the assesment!!

rich

is it ok to just add a comment then that there is no supp bonding present?

rich

So long as you've not worked on any circuits in the bathroom, then you dont even need to mention it.
I tend to as customers usualy give the goahead to bring it upto scratch anyway

cheers easy fox, another possible problem cleared up, man this is all doing my hed in! gotta be an easier way of making a living!!

rich

Reply to extra socket done to 16th in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock