Discuss Extractor fan distance from window in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TJC1

-
Reaction score
Evening all

Customer on a new build did not want to install an extractor over the hob ( would ruin the effect...... )

Building control have said they need to install a 60L/S extractor fan in the kitchen as its away from the hob, does anyone know if there is a minimum distance an extractor can be from a window? Cant seem to find it in the building regs...

PEACE

Evening all

Customer on a new build did not want to install an extractor over the hob ( would ruin the effect...... )

Building control have said they need to install a 60L/S extractor fan in the kitchen as its away from the hob, does anyone know if there is a minimum distance an extractor can be from a window? Cant seem to find it in the building regs...

PEACE

I'd ask BC.

I'd think long & hard about not installing an extractor fan above a hob. Is your customer going to use a recirculating fan above the hob instead?

I'd ask BC.

I'd think long & hard about not installing an extractor fan above a hob. Is your customer going to use a recirculating fan above the hob instead?
The 'modern' way to deal with this is to have a recirculating fan above the hob AND a ventilation system that extracts stale/smelly/moist air from kitchens and bathrooms while importing fresh air from outside via a heat exchanger.

You get proper ventilation without loss of heat. It's also quite popular in rented accommodation too as it avoids having to explain to people <25 that you must open a window now and again !

The 'modern' way to deal with this is to have a recirculating fan above the hob AND a ventilation system that extracts stale/smelly/moist air from kitchens and bathrooms while importing fresh air from outside via a heat exchanger.

You get proper ventilation without loss of heat. It's also quite popular in rented accommodation too as it avoids having to explain to people <25 that you must open a window now and again !
You don’t say :)

Reply to Extractor fan distance from window in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net