Discuss Extractor Fan installation Help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here and hoping someone might be able to give me some advise on my extractor fan. I have purchased Vent-Axia VASF100T fan and when I have come to install it is is not working, not sure whether it is me or the fan. The fan is controlled by a lighting switch out side the room and the wires we have to work with are a Earth, natural and live wire. The fan has a L, N and LS connection. Does this mean I need another wire to connect this or do I need a completely new fan. Hoping someone could help as I'm new to call this and just want to learn. Thanks again
Extractor Fan installation Help {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hi - can I suggest you have a close read of the installation instructions? They have a wiring diagram, including the 3A fuse required for that fan (if I am recalling correctly). Sorry, but it sounds like you may need an Electrician :) .

Last edited:
Taken from the manual (Sheet 4)

Extractor Fan installation Help upload_2018-4-9_17-29-20 - EletriciansForums.net

What we are trying to say is that your old fan, the one that you are possibly replacing, was not a fan with a timer and so you can either forego this feature or replace the fan with the correct one.
Can you tell us where you inserted the Brown (line) wire of the supply. In the live or the switch live terminal?

So the OP's been on .......... reviewed the thread and not updated us OR answered any points raised ...........................:(:(:(:(

He gone to check, he’ll be back in a minute!
So the OP's been on .......... reviewed the thread and not updated us OR answered any points raised ...........................:(:(:(:(

If only we could have a thread about installing a new extractor fan in a lath and plaster ceiling in a shed that doesn't have any power supply yet...bliss!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am replacing an old fan which I’m guessing didn’t have a timer. Do you think it would be best for me to send this one back and get a fan without a timer? Thanks again

Yes, that’ll be easier as a replacement - and so say all of us! Though you could forego the timer feature and lose a couple of quid on the purchase.

Hi

I'm new here and hoping someone might be able to give me some advise on my extractor fan. I have purchased Vent-Axia VASF100T fan and when I have come to install it is is not working, not sure whether it is me or the fan. The fan is controlled by a lighting switch out side the room and the wires we have to work with are a Earth, natural and live wire. The fan has a L, N and LS connection. Does this mean I need another wire to connect this or do I need a completely new fan. Hoping someone could help as I'm new to call this and just want to learn. Thanks again
If you don't know the answer please get a spark in, the answer is very simple to us, bathroom wiring is not for enthusiasts.

Not for enthusiasts! I agree. When I fitted a new spa bath I did all the plumbing and the electrics, and when I graciously allowed my wife to test it for the first time, she was not enthusiastic...
Still, 10 years on and no leaks/deaths, it's still working fine:)

Reply to Extractor Fan installation Help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock