Discuss extractor fans in kitchens in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

blenki

Hi , my sister is having a new kitchen fitted soon and i am doing the wiring for it , id just like to check if an extractor fan must be fitted that vents to the outside air , as it stands im not sure on the situation.cheers

hi building regs approved document F states mechanical extract 30 litres above or within 300mm
or 60 litres elswhere basicly you can vent your hob extract to the outside or
fit a 6 inch fan

Thanks old dog , i think they are having a fan above the cooker but it is only a re circulating fan

Agree with old dog.

It should vent to outside air, although it does not have to be the extractor hood over the cooker.

It can be elsewhere in the room but has to have a higher extraction rate, as pointed out.:)

Hi , my sister is having a new kitchen fitted soon and i am doing the wiring for it , id just like to check if an extractor fan must be fitted that vents to the outside air , as it stands im not sure on the situation.cheers

you got a gas hob ??????????

But as this is a new kitchen and not a new build then he can fit what he likes, and Mr building controll can whistle.:)
i done a job new kitchen x council flat client did not want an extract fan building control refused to sign it
off this was not a new build i think the bco was whistling as he left now that you mention it

Last edited:
i done a job new kitchen x council flat client did not want an extract fan building control refused to sign it
off this was not a new build i think the bco was whistling as he left now that you mention it

why was bco involved in fitting a kitchen?

mr building control cant go and whistle cos of part p, new build or not. kitchens like bathrooms are special location so ALL work must be tested and registered, unless you wanna run the risk

mr building control cant go and whistle cos of part p, new build or not. kitchens like bathrooms are special location so ALL work must be tested and registered, unless you wanna run the risk

Where on your part p certificate is the section for fan type?:)

so as i said in the first place recirculating or external extract, as its not a new build so you can fit whichever you like and mr bco can whistle.:)
(or am i still missing something)

Reply to extractor fans in kitchens in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock