Discuss F.I.T. Payments in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Ohm From Ohm

We have recently installed a P.V. Solar installation at a premises where the energy supplier is not registered for F.I.T. payments. The client is applying to another supplier (eg. British Gas, Swalec) to deal with the feed in tariff via the F.I.T. meter.

At the moment, to register the installation, we have connected the tails from the F.I.T. meter into the mains terminal blocks. The F.I.T. meter is registering and the generation from the panels is being fed through the present supplier system.

Can anyone explain who is losing or gaining at the moment?

Thanks

having some difficulty seeing what you mean but I don't see a problem, depends which way you have connected the meter but otherwise it sounds like a standard set up, could you post a photo?

So just where is the electricity going? Damn, I new I shouldn't have left the plugs out of the sockets, - It's leaks out if I don't put the plugs in doesn't it? You don't suppose the neighbours are getting my electricity for free do you?

Long day - didn't go as fast as Bolt though :)

having some difficulty seeing what you mean but I don't see a problem, depends which way you have connected the meter but otherwise it sounds like a standard set up, could you post a photo?

As you quite rightly say, it seems a straightforward connection. The installation is 3 phase and we have connected the tails from our F.I.T. meter into the connector blocks on the consumer side of the energy suppliers meter, pending Western Power installing a dual meter (one half for SSE the proposed F.I.T. payer). During this transitional period I assume the client will have the benefit of reduced bills from their unlicensed energy provider, due to the generation from the P.V. panels, and also payment from SSE from 0 reading on the F.I.T. meter when finally the dual meter is installed. Is this correct?

Why would you wnat a dual import / export meter? - You'll still need your generation meter, as they get paid on WHAT THEY GENERATE.

There is lost of discussion on this forum about the pros and cons (big cons..) of fitting an export meter

The dual meter that you talk about will only measure import and export - not generation.

Less than 30kWp is deemed export at 50% (so why would you meter it)
> 30kWp if you want to get paid for exporting you'll ne HH metereing and those costs are horrendous...

It is Western Power who have insisted on installing a dual meter - we have installed our own F.I.T. meter also to record the generation from the panels.

I should have mentioned that the system is 50KW 3 phase, and I believe this is why they are installing their own H/H meter.

Many thanks.

OK, so you are not claiming for the export then? Presumably it's just so that WPD know what ios being pumped into their network, and the conusmer doesn't have a large base load?

We recently had one installtion that WPD went back, when the client was extending their building WPD asked for a new connection agreement, when it was clear that the base load at the lowest ever time was 70kW (!!!) they decided export metering / moniotoring wasn't nescessary.

You are quite right, the client is not claiming export tariff. As the business is a small 9 hole golf club with driving range and floodlights, and a small kitchen & cafe, the business is only open from 8am-8pm. Therefore the base load is relatively low.

The break even point for export payments on HH metering is about 25,000 kWh / annum + or - 20% depending upon what the actual metereing costs are. If WPD are putting the meter in anyway, I would get them to monitor it because you can always choose to sell the export on the open market at a later time, once you've chosen to , it is very difficlut to go back on though. In the deemed environment (<30kWp) it is a once only decision measure or not..

Reply to F.I.T. Payments in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock