Discuss Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram - All down for you too? mwahahahaaa in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Come join in on the facebook is down chat thread.

We'll be taking over the forum here until facebook is back up when we will then still be here. :D :D :D

I'm laughing my socks off.

I rate Russian ransomware attack and they're negotiating via NSA and Putin. They'll be back online within a day tops.

Oh yeah never thought of that! I apologise for my immediate excitement to those who may find work on there.

However, mwahahaaaaa for Zuckerberg. I bet he'll be doing an allnighter.

Facebook is sort of coming back online now, some features totally broken.

Whatsapp still down. Instagram? - Anybody use that? lol

Lost 36 billion USD over this outage an the Pandora papers leaked just now.

Just checked Facebook and I’ve still got no friends ?so definitely not working for me, WhatsApp is something I got for some reason and people send messages I’ll read them one day

Facebook does not matter that-much, while some of us might have references there, by now all mine customers are on recommendation and I cant be even bothered to print business cards for last seven years.
What's causing me far more trouble is lack of Whatsapp, as I have condemned wiring today and I like the fact that WhatsApp backs-up mine messages. I have send by SMS too, but as SMS backup is easy to edit, it does not count as liability claim.
Although I like the ability to use its web-interface for mine certs
While I do not think every hacker that is claimed to be Russian is actually russian (personally if I have hacked facebook or any Majour organisation, I would pretend I was Russian to make finding me harder, however I like the fact that Russian hackers started to apply pressure between themselves not to hack important life-facilities (after the Irish hospital case):
But its nice to have a problem not related to Brexit or Covid for once

Just to let you know according to rumbler (russian IT portal) with mine limited language skill It was caused by fault on a DNS server update list propagation (DNS list was updated to non-existing adresses/routes) and delayed because technicians couldnt log into servers remotely for the same reason and had to go to the data-centers in person... According to Russians there was no hacking involved... (I had to say it that way)

Have you calmed down a bit now, @Dan ?

I know you have no love for Facebook, but that’s the quickest response to anything I’ve seen in a long time….

?
Boooooo it's back up. Bugger!

If they had hard copies of data being syphned off every few days, they could have had a ransomware attack and just closed all traffic, reverted DNS for a bit, switched the servers round to ones they know don't have the [insert how they got into facebook here] on it, then run some checks and bring them back online.

There's no way DNS would effect three websites using multiple domains and routing, all at the same time.

I'm calling BS on this one. But they've said FU to the Russians and had already got contingencies for this.

I admit I read Facebook… don’t post much myself but I have a Facebook page for business that my wife updates…
Most of my customers use Facebook over any other social media for a number of reasons.

1. Facebook tends to attract older users. (My customer demographic) Kids are more into TikTok and whatever.

2. The Borders are 20 years behind the rest of the country regarding technology.

?

Reply to Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram - All down for you too? mwahahahaaa in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock