Discuss Factory reset Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 ADT alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fazzy

Hi

Have just moved into a house with a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 ADT alarm. I do not have any user or manager code. I would like to reset the system back to default so I can use the alarm. Can anyone tell me how do this. i understand this may be sensitive information so please PM if it not correct to put on a public forum.

THANKS

ADT hold all the codes for Galaxy, and although it can be done, its a long complex procedure and would really need a security engineer. Easier and cheaper would be to replace panel an keypad, leaving all detection in situe.

Nick I have just deleted your post due to it having info that I don't think should be viewable on a public forum, we just have to be careful.

Nick I have just deleted your post due to it having info that I don't think should be viewable on a public forum, we just have to be careful.

i dont know what he put but im guessing it was actually how to do a factory reset, which i found on google in about 20 seconds. i also found fazzy on another forum asking the same question....

You can try it, A few engineers in the past have said its incorrect, and different versions have different setups. But no harm in trying.

I was just trying to get the correct information as there seems to be a few versions out there and there and probably only one is correct. I assumed a factory reset would put the codes back to default aswell.

I was just trying to get the correct information as there seems to be a few versions out there and there and probably only one is correct. I assumed a factory reset would put the codes back to default aswell.

it will defrault the codes, but not the engineer code which will be locked. that means you're buggered. i'm usually able to access the programming, but only in person.

Reply to Factory reset Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 ADT alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net