Discuss Failed security light PIR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

escasoni

DIY
Reaction score
I have a set of security lights round the house, all supplied directly from the consumer unit although the circuit was modified recently to allow one to have its own on/off switch added.

The led light on this switched unit has failed and was replaced by another, and on switching the circuit on initially, the light activates for about a minute and goes out, which is normal. On activation of the PIR the light comes on as normal, stays on for its usual 90 second period, then goes off. All of which is fine.

The problem is the after just 3 seconds or so the light comes on again, stays on for it’s 90 second period and goes off. Then 3 seconds later the cycle begins again, and keeps repeating until the light is switched off.

Does the PIR have to be reset somehow, or has this unit also failed ? If a reset is needed, how is this done ?

sounds like the PIR is goosed . common with the cheaper units.

Reply to Failed security light PIR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock