Discuss Fake Britain XXXXXXZZZZZZ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just been watching fake Britain, looks like Some Albanian Chap if selling fake CSCS, JIB and all these needed to work on sites ranging from £50 to £500 for the top end trades, according to the presenters of Fake Britain it's been going on for a while, so beware, not sure if this is new news or old news.

Doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of scrotes out there who just don't care about anyone else but themselves. Putting lives at risk so they have some cash - pure selfishness.

When on site the other day there was two foreign (east European) now have not got an issue with their work ethic or nationality as sound blokes worked hard and did a good job but didn't speak a word of English or very little it makes me wonder how they understand for doing H & S test.

When on site the other day there was two foreign (east European) now have not got an issue with their work ethic or nationality as sound blokes worked hard and did a good job but didn't speak a word of English or very little it makes me wonder how they understand for doing H & S test.
listen to the lyrics

And people wonder why buidling standards are so low!
Agree, no longer involved in any site work, never needed any cards, but can certainly understand your apprehension, any ideas of what can be done? this case has been shut down, where there is one Rat there are bound to be more.

I don't do site work ........... but the standard of work in new / recent builds isn't very good and watching the odd programme on TV simply confirms that the standards are slipping lower and lower.

I don't do site work ........... but the standard of work in new / recent builds isn't very good and watching the odd programme on TV simply confirms that the standards are slipping lower and lower.
The blame or causes are? the scams, the training establishments, the Part P debacle? you name it it's all in there, trouble is no bugger want's to know, if it looks right it probably isn't, you have be seen to be doing something, even if it's all billox.

The individual worker is as much to blame because believe me from someone who works on sites from time to time be it electrician, plumber, joiner, some people just aren’t arsed!

Perhaps it is the modern day site worker.

I know of a national building firm who recently got in a spot of bother with the various authorities, for both employing people with no right to work in the UK but on same day they did a check/raid at the big site they were on they also checked every-bodies cscs/jib cards etc, id docs right to work etc... they found many fakes, coincidentally all possessed by eastern Europeans and a couple of Africans, I am not tarring all with the same brush as many are hard working and qualified for the job. this though opened my eyes. I will avoid naming the company as there is some sort of action being taken but its a 10k fine for employing an illegal! From one of the site managers who is a close family friend, they have discovered they have a lot of Russians, Belarussians and others from that part of the world posing as eastern Europeans/EU nationals. as many are multi lingual they get away with it.

I know of a national building firm who recently got in a spot of bother with the various authorities, for both employing people with no right to work in the UK but on same day they did a check/raid at the big site they were on they also checked every-bodies cscs/jib cards etc, id docs right to work etc... they found many fakes, coincidentally all possessed by eastern Europeans and a couple of Africans, I am not tarring all with the same brush as many are hard working and qualified for the job. this though opened my eyes. I will avoid naming the company as there is some sort of action being taken but its a 10k fine for employing an illegal! From one of the site managers who is a close family friend, they have discovered they have a lot of Russians, Belarussians and others from that part of the world posing as eastern Europeans/EU nationals. as many are multi lingual they get away with it.
Don't think tarring everyone with the same brush is that far from the truth Gavin.

Don't think tarring everyone with the same brush is that far from the truth Gavin.
One example on the site in question was a ukrainian guy, posing as hungarian, turns out back home he was barely earning a living as a scientist, he was known to immigration somehow,turns out from his friends on the site he was a physics graduate... somehow he thought being a groundworker was a good choice, now something is seriously wrong in the world when a physics graduate has to work illegally, im sure if he thought about it he could have got a legit visa to train as a teacher or something and earn better money. I gather he was deported but its a crazy state of affairs.

One example on the site in question was a ukrainian guy, posing as hungarian, turns out back home he was barely earning a living as a scientist, he was known to immigration somehow,turns out from his friends on the site he was a physics graduate... somehow he thought being a groundworker was a good choice, now something is seriously wrong in the world when a physics graduate has to work illegally, im sure if he thought about it he could have got a legit visa to train as a teacher or something and earn better money. I gather he was deported but its a crazy state of affairs.
That immigration for you, gone to pot.

We use agency sparks from time to time and on average 70-80% of them are foreign nationals if we had a check and it turned out that there were some who shouldn’t be working or with fake documents would that be solely the agency who are at fault for providing them or would we also be at fault? Just a thought.

We use agency sparks from time to time and on average 70-80% of them are foreign nationals if we had a check and it turned out that there were some who shouldn’t be working or with fake documents would that be solely the agency who are at fault for providing them or would we also be at fault? Just a thought.
Both I would have thought

Reply to Fake Britain XXXXXXZZZZZZ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net