Discuss Fan isolator in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm also interested to see what code you would give it and why.

No,I am fitting teo fans one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen,landlord does not want isolators as he wants them to run constantly and he thinks that tenants will switch them off just to save energy.Just thinking if it not against regs.Thanks.

Simple way to deal with that is to arrange things so that the bathroom and kitchen lights are fed through the isolators as well.

I thought that the idea of the isolator was to just isolate the fan and not the light, so making it easier for maintenance, if you need the light on?
Everyone doing maintenance on a fan should have a torch of some sort so I'm not quite sure if the above is totally correct.
Maybe someone can correct me.

I thought that the idea of the isolator was to just isolate the fan and not the light, so making it easier for maintenance, if you need the light on?
Everyone doing maintenance on a fan should have a torch of some sort so I'm not quite sure if the above is totally correct.
Maybe someone can correct me.
Minor inconvenience since the invention of the head torch.

Short answer; there is no requirement in BS7671 for a bathroom fan in and of itself to be fitted with an isolator.

Reply to Fan isolator in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock