• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Fan pull switches in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am having trouble locating a fan isolator pull switch(3-pole). It needs to be in the style of brushed chrome, nickel or stainless steel. Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.
Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
In these situations I always find that getting the wholesaler to source it for me is so much easier, it's what they're there for!
you must have some amazing wholesalers up by you, I find getting them to go look in the stockroom properly is asking too much w
ith half the ones here, wanting them to research a obscure product would get the same reaction as asking if their sisters put out in a first date i reckon.

As for OP I wouldnt hold my breath, PC fan iso's a novelty item as it is. maybe drill a hole in the middle of a steel blank plate and fit it over a plastic unit?

Ive trimmed a plastic accessory to fit behind a 50x50 euro module plate once to match the rooms chrome plates, was a single switch sized custom gas fire controller

I think the majority of 3 pole pull cords will be standard white. I think I have seen a polished chrome one but not anything in brushed.
Perhaps looking in bespoke electrical accessories websites might find you something, but generally the range of pull cords is very small no matter what type you want.

you must have some amazing wholesalers up by you, I find getting them to go look in the stockroom properly is asking too much w
ith half the ones here, wanting them to research a obscure product would get the same reaction as asking if their sisters put out in a first date i reckon.

As for OP I wouldnt hold my breath, PC fan iso's a novelty item as it is. maybe drill a hole in the middle of a steel blank plate and fit it over a plastic unit?

Nothing special about the wholesalers here, it's just a matter of developing a good working relationship and buying them plenty of beer at Christmas time.

I really don't understand why some people want to draw attention to pull switches by having chrome ones! White ones are much better. Daz

fit a pull isolator. spray with zinc coat. obviously mask as required.

Reply to Fan pull switches in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back