Discuss Fan speed controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
This seems a straight forward control, however the fan runs very slow and it does adjust speed when the dial is turned down, so by taking the controller out of circuit the fan should run at full speed ??, does anyone know if this is a current or potential control, I am sure its a Vent Axia as its has "Roof Units" on the front cover,
Ta P

These are normally phase-angle controls similar to hard-fired lighting dimmers. The fan will run at full speed with the controller bypassed. Some fans use a 3-wire connection to the controller so that the capacitor winding is not phase-angle controlled, it receives direct mains. If that applies to this fan, parallel the two windings; e.g. if the controller has outputs L, N1 & N2, take a neutral to N1 & N2. As a double-check the controller will drive a tungsten lamp happily.

Reply to Fan speed controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place but this is my first time using this forum. I'm also sorry if i make some mistakes but I'm new to this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Local business has 3x large extract fans that simply turn on and off with individual switches. Can any brand of this type of fan be retrofitted...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Got a head scratcher for wiring a fan with a speed control with a run on timer on site today. I, and two spark could not get it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock