Discuss Fast track training providers.....A con? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

madmac

IMO they should be illegal!
Middle men making a quick earner off the backs of gullible individuals!
No self respecting electrical company will employ anyone with these dubious qualifications!
If you try and register with JIB they will only issue a Labourers card!
If you try and register with SJIB they wont allow you to!
Sparks on site wont take you serious and most wont work with you!
I could go on but I think I'm being honest and straight to the point, I also fully expect a back lash from guys that have done these courses!
Let's have a real heated debate on this highly sensitive issue guys!!!

Hawk81 try telling that to the scores of qualified sparks who are struggling to get a start because rouge mobs/agencies are using these other guys to do the work for less!

I think you have missed my point. I am not saying I agree with fast track coarses. All I am saying is you probably won't get much of a reaction to this thread as it has been well debated on this forum.

My mistake buddy, thought you were having a pop at me. lol. But I still think there is more to say on this issue though.

Hmm neutrals at switch's thread. stones, glass houses

Hold on a min here. That was one thread that was still going. I did not start a new thread on that subject after it had already been covered loads of times. I think you were as guilty as I of amount of posts on that thread. You seem to have a problem with me. Maybe because you could not back up your rediculus claims. Let it go now I have.

Thought this was a free to air forum where electricians can raise matters of importance to the electrical industry? Or are we now policing what can and can't be said on here regardless of how many times it has been mentioned! Just a thought but if this subject has been spoke about so much then I think it is VERY relevant!

The subject is raw mate and its likely to come up again and again because its a thorn in every electricians backside.

It is a con and unfortunately its the naive people who pay the money to go on these courses that keep them established and turning over all kinds of profits.

Its also the existing members of the industry who keep them going tbecause they don't like to see newcomers coming into the trade and don't offer apprentiships.

Also there is tutors in colleges who don't want to let people onto the courses unless they are in the industry. I've seen it all before. This country has these colleges so people can learn subjects they wish. I always remember one of my tutors being funny with me as on registration to the level 3 2330 I didn't have an employer and he put me to the bottom of the selection list. Even though I had the right to be on that course just as much as anyone. I'd left my old company weeks before and he knew that.

Thought this was a free to air forum where electricians can raise matters of importance to the electrical industry? Or are we now policing what can and can't be said on here regardless of how many times it has been mentioned! Just a thought but if this subject has been spoke about so much then I think it is VERY relevant!

It is a free to air forum. Who was trying to police you. All I said was that it has been a well covered topic and that you should not expect much interest. I think that has been proven by the lack of replies to this thread. 30 views and only one reply to the actual topic. Ts like the earth spike on a TNCS debate noone is interested.

It is a free to air forum. Who was trying to police you. All I said was that it has been a well covered topic and that you should not expect much interest. I think that has been proven by the lack of replies to this thread. 30 views and only one reply to the actual topic. Ts like the earth spike on a TNCS debate noone is interested.

I thought exactly the same about the neutral and switches thread but you shot me down. You can't have it both ways, the guys wants to discuss it. If you feel as though its been done don't bother commenting. By doing so you are trying to police the forum.

I thought exactly the same about the neutral and switches thread but you shot me down. You can't have it both ways, the guys wants to discuss it. If you feel as though its been done don't bother commenting. By doing so you are trying to police the forum.

Are you just out to try and wind me up??? Well I am not going to bite on your idiotic post anymore.

Why are toys going out of prams just because it's been said that this is a topic that's been done to death, which it has!

We have to be careful that continually raising the same gripes in new threads do not take over the forum and give outsiders and potential new members the impression that all we do on here it bitch about things.

We are all pleased with the growth of the forum, and the recent 30k member tally, if we want it to continue and see 40k then we have to keep it balanced and light hearted

Why are toys going out of prams just because it's been said that this is a topic that's been done to death, which it has!

We have to be careful that continually raising the same gripes in new threads do not take over the forum and give outsiders and potential new members the impression that all we do on here it bitch about things.

We are all pleased with the growth of the forum, and the recent 30k member tally, if we want it to continue and see 40k then we have to keep it balanced and light hearted

Exactly my point. But some users feel as though it is there job to say whether a thread is ok to run its course or not. Like this one and the neutral to switches thread which is my point.

Also like you said 30k members and looking to improve. This means that nnew members and some older members are not likely to have discussed this so its going to pop up again and again.

Exactly my point. But some users feel as though it is there job to say whether a thread is ok to run its course or not. Like this one and the neutral to switches thread which is my point.

Also like you said 30k members and looking to improve. This means that nnew members and some older members are not likely to have discussed this so its going to pop up again and again.

I'm not advocating censorship and your point is very valid but it's a fine line between open debate and looking like a bunch of moaners, that are anti short course sparks, and some of our members may be those people

Well I think everyone knows that you are talking about me, at least be man enough to just name me. For the final time I was not trying police this thread or tell the op that he or others could not talk about this subject I was just advising the op that the exact subject has been covered so many times and he might not recieve much of a response. This would give him the oportunity to search the forum to find similar threads and not leave him wondering why nobody had bothered to reply. I was only trying to be helpful. This has been proven by the amount of people replying to his chosen subject. As for the neutrals at the switch thread it was still a running thread and you claimed it was dead and told me to get over it. So was that you policing that thread?? You are really starting to get annoying now. As I said earlier the neutrals thread is over for me. You are now the one raking it up again. If you have a problem just say it.

Well I think everyone knows that you are talking about me, at least be man enough to just name me. For the final time I was not trying police this thread or tell the op that he or others could not talk about this subject I was just advising the op that the exact subject has been covered so many times and he might not recieve much of a response. This would give him the oportunity to search the forum to find similar threads and not leave him wondering why nobody had bothered to reply. I was only trying to be helpful. This has been proven by the amount of people replying to his chosen subject. As for the neutrals at the switch thread it was still a running thread and you claimed it was dead and told me to get over it. So was that you policing that thread?? You are really starting to get annoying now. As I said earlier the neutrals thread is over for me. You are now the one raking it up again. If you have a problem just say it.

The only problem I had was when you came across as arrogant on the neutral thread, then again here today.

Neutrals thread was dieing then I added abit of spice by saying it was bad practise 'again' as a 'joke', If you would have looked at my post properly you would have understood that because at the end I said 'anyone for popcorn' You found it unfunny, I was not being serious unlike you. Everything you where saying had been said and other users where saying this is going round and round in circles just close the thread.

Then I pop on today and your telling someone a subject has ran its course and must not be done again. Hypocrite

So what was the point of your posts opn this thread to give constructive information or to try and make the fella feel stupid for posting it...The latter.

Reply to Fast track training providers.....A con? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock