Discuss fast track training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TAMA

Hi,

Need to find best route for getting qualified as mature student if some one could help. Currently work with Fibre optics/Data cabling and telephones so have knowledge. Could do without a long winded route.

I have enrolled to do a fast track course with RFTraining, has anyone done anything with them? the course is 7 weeks - Part P, 17th 2382, 2392 Inspect + Test, Logic Periodic Testing + Practicals workshops. Cost -£3,800.00.

Are they any good and is this a good price?

Can i do an NVQ 3 without 2330,s

TAMA

It would be better to phone your local Job Centre and ask about becoming an Adult Trainee and doing a three year reconised course with a company and getting paid for it instead of wasting your money no these training companies.You have to remember tbat they will tell you anything to part with your cash

Hang on to your money
Recuperating the outlay, even if you suceeed, would be difficult in the current market, where electricians with years of experience and contacts that you lack are finding it very difficult
Try getting into Microgeneration,it is a new field and possibly more scope for new starters

Would you feel happy being diagnosed by a doctor who had fast tracked it through with a simple 7 week course?
How about going on holiday being flown by a pilot who has simply fast tracked it through on the cheap in 7 weeks?

I'm not having a go at you Tama,it is just that I have met plenty of guys who do these short courses and think they are then a spark.Then they can't get a job after paying out all that money to a training provider who will tell you anything to part with your cash.This forum has plenty of men going to college at night and doing the City and Guilds courses but can't get any experiance.Having worked with a few Adult Trainees in the past I would try that route into the trade as it is a regonised apprenticeship with a company

I wish it was that easy !
no jib will not give you electricians card unless you have nvq3 which means an aprentiship or working as a mate or improover for long enough.
however to start your own buiseness up as a domestic electrician, join a registered body the rules are not so tight and i think this is what this training provider is cashing in on.
amazing if it is that easy!
however i dont beleive it would cost that much if TAMA paid for each course seperately.

Thanks for your reply, i was thinking of doing c&g 2 + 3 as well or can you bypass level 2 as people have said this is more for school leavers at 16. I was also going to approach a company for experience and hopefully they will put me through my nvq. Dont want to take shortcuts
but im 38 and have site experience with some electrical knowledge including all containment systems. Its just i would prefer to do a block type course rather than a one day a week course over many years, i do have some contacts as i do their data and fibre optics for them. My plan is to do both fields which would increase my work load. Any Ideas?

I don't see Microgeneration as the easy route either. I think Des 56 means that there are more opportunities within Microgeneration as it is a developing market and not fully 'tapped' into. I don't think he meant it was easy to get into as you will need to be an experienced and qualified electrician before undertaking specific training required to get accreditation under the MCS scheme, required if your customers are going to benefit from the 'feed-in' tariff, which they will require, it being the only reason they get the work undertaken.

2330-L2 and 2330-L3 + 17th edition and 2391 is the best route to do.

I'm currently on this programme sponsored via my company and am due to finish is 18 months (have already done 14 months).

I have to do 8hrs at college a week over 2 evenings normally 5pm-9pm. Its hard work to do this after already doing a day at work but I have to crack on.

Its is hard when I see little work around but I do hope that the future will be rosy but you never know.

So many training providers are providing a route to nowhere.

2330-L2 and 2330-L3 + 17th edition and 2391 is the best route to do.

I'm currently on this programme sponsored via my company and am due to finish is 18 months (have already done 14 months).

I have to do 8hrs at college a week over 2 evenings normally 5pm-9pm. Its hard work to do this after already doing a day at work but I have to crack on.

Its is hard when I see little work around but I do hope that the future will be rosy but you never know.

So many training providers are providing a route to nowhere.

This is true but you still need NVQ3 for jib card

Reply to fast track training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net