Discuss Fault diagnostics of single phase induction motor in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danishrizvi

Hey everyone
i'm working on my final semester project on fault diagnostics of SINGLE PHASE induction motors.... i've searched through the internet for fault diagnostic techniques and all i got from there are the ways to diagnose faults in "THREE PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS"...

SO wanted to ask if anyone of u knows what is the difference b/w fault diagnostics of SINGLE PHASE induction motor and fault diagnostics of THREE PHASE INDCUTION MOTOS??..

also if someone could help me plz through my project.... any help would be appreciated!!...
thanks!

Thanks tony!
yes i've fully understood the working... but i'm not quite sure that which type of motor it is... basically what i have to do is that i have to inject known faults myself and then do the motor current signature analysis(MCSA) on it ..... the faults that i will inject and analyse the effects are
1. broken rotor bars
2. Bearing faults
3. Air gap eccentricity...

so.....???.... any help that how should i get started with it???

my supervisor told me that we'll take the baseline and faulty data of the stator current through a DATA AQUISITION CARD.... the i have to study the effects of these faults that the bring in the frequency spectrum of the signal.... and finally i have to come up with an algorithm which could detect and subsequently identify these faults.

Reply to Fault diagnostics of single phase induction motor in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a high-pressure compressor equipped with a single phase motor! The motor have 2 capacitors, 1 continuous and 1 for starting, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping you all can help me wire up my single phase 240v induction motor. Can someone please explain or even better sketch out where the wires...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've found an old motor originally designed for operating jealousies. Could you help me read and better understand the following...
Replies
Views
One of my customers has a single phase to three phase converter, to power a 3-phase pump. The converter is a rotary type, quite noisy, and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock