Discuss Fault on socket circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

So just like this post your using guess work to carry out jobs. You are a chancer who has no idea what you are doing.
Please tell me Dillb, how is it that by downgrading a 32amp to 20amp is a bad thing or bad practice. Please explain the logic. Surely, it is more risky to follow your practice and assume, because the RFC is continuous that some cowboy hasn't come along and spur off the ring with no protection.

Please tell me Dillb, how is it that by downgrading a 32amp to 20amp is a bad thing or bad practice. Please explain the logic. Surely, it is more risky to follow your practice and assume, because the RFC is continuous that some cowboy hasn't come along and spur off the ring with no protection.
how do you know that someone hasnt done as you say? by testing!

So just like this post your using guess work to carry out jobs. You are a chancer who has no idea what you are doing.
Please tell me Dillb, how is it that by downgrading a 32amp to 20amp is a bad thing or bad practice.
Well I was just wondering Spoon, if Grant has, either given Money to the NICEIC (Thanks for that Dillb) or he is registered, begs some questions how on Earth (judging by some of Grants statement) was this acheived? and was the assessment carried out in the Assessors Vehicle.

Please explain the logic. Surely, it is more risky to follow your practice and assume, because the RFC is continuous that some cowboy hasn't come along and spur off the ring with no protection.

Becasue thats what testing is for.

Please tell me Dillb, how is it that by downgrading a 32amp to 20amp is a bad thing or bad practice.

Please explain the logic. Surely, it is more risky to follow your practice and assume, because the RFC is continuous that some cowboy hasn't come along and spur off the ring with no protection.
You do know how to calculate R1+R2 for a RFC to ensure there are no spurs on it dont you?

If it's just 1 socket being spurred off of a RFC what protection would be required?

If it's just 1 socket being spurred off of a RFC what protection would be required?
Besides, a single double socket has the potential to draw 26amps,
If r1, r2, rn , R1+R2 reading are all in order then there womt be a break or spur on the circuit
I don't think that's right. r1,rn,r2 at the CU would only tell the ring is continuous, but it wouldn't tell you if someone had spurred off it. The R1+R2 at the CU, I'm less sure about, but I still don't think it will tell you someone has spurred off the ring. But this is besides the point: is a socket circuit protected by a 20amp safer that a 32amp?

So now, as well as assuming the RFC is broke you are assuming there are multiple spar sockets coming from said broken circuit.....

I don't think that's right. r1,rn,r2 at the CU would only tell the ring is continuous, but it wouldn't tell you if someone had spurred off it. The R1+R2 at the CU, I'm less sure about, but I still don't think it will tell you someone has spurred off the ring. But this is besides the point: is a socket circuit protected by a 20amp safer that a 32amp?
Ring testing isn't solely at the CU. r1+rn and r1+r2 should also be tested at each point, this would identify any spurs and faults etc.

Most standard twin sockets are only rated at 20amps if memory serves me correctly, so you had better swap them for singles too then.

You have proven you have a limited knowledge of testing as you should carry out a R1+R2 at every point of connection on a RFC to ensure there are no spurs connected too it.

Reply to Fault on socket circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock