Discuss Fault in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Thewiz

Hello... Got a call from a. Customer saying when ever they plug in there 2kw heater it trips...

So One shal think the heater is faulty. I told them to unplug it and turn the rcd back on.

they rcd then restet... I thought over load may be a issue but she said she unplugged everything. She then plugged all the other items back in and it was fine.

But it she then got another heater and plunged that in put it in leval 2 and pop trips again.

Not been there yet.

Any by thing I should be looking out for when I arrive this week. Not seen this before ever. May be the fault current is to high? Maybe a slight short not big enough to trip the rcd but once the heater is on takes it over 30ma???

Hello... Got a call from a. Customer saying when ever they plug in there 2kw heater it trips...

So One shal think the heater is faulty. I told them to unplug it and turn the rcd back on.

they rcd then restet... I thought over load may be a issue but she said she unplugged everything. She then plugged all the other items back in and it was fine.

But it she then got another heater and plunged that in put it in leval 2 and pop trips again.

Not been there yet.

Any by thing I should be looking out for when I arrive this week. Not seen this before ever. May be the fault current is to high? Maybe a slight short not big enough to trip the rcd but once the heater is on takes it over 30ma???

What happens when they use something else at this socket?

Maybe take a new SO with with you.

Not been there yet.

Do you mean accumulative earth leakage?

Don't ever, ever even think about being disrespectful to 8 Ace!
He is a role model for generations of Geordie youth!
You're getting close to me declaring pagga on ye bonny lad
(Pagga= the geordie version of a fatwa)

Reply to Fault in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net