Discuss faults, cables spur from mcb. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

you can have as many sockets in a radial circuit as you want

but any more than one s/o on the radial circuit you create then you need to protect the circuit by using fused spurs.

as for the disconnected phase being 'live' at 170v, this is very unusual. i'd unplug everything from the circuit (incase for some reason paranormal reason there is any abnormal capacitance, voltage sources like batteries there) i'd also disconnect and do some extensive IR tests to see if you've got any sort of leakage. i can say i've not come across anything like this before, except in emergency power/lighting supplies

let us know how you get on with this, i am intrigued

hi thanks for the comments, it is on a lighting circuit, but the batt in em lighting should have nothing to do with it. this has never proved a prob before or on any other similar circuits in the building.

im looking into it and will let you all know :)

Reply to faults, cables spur from mcb. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Evening. I’m currently carrying out an EICR. I have a cooker circuit radial with a 32amp mcb fed from and RCD split board. There is a 45amp...
Replies
Views
DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
Hi! DIYer here. I have an MCB running to a cooker isolator switch. The RCD connected to this set of MCBs is tripping and isolating the cooker MCB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock