Discuss Faults on inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sportyspice

Looking for advice/help
I have have been getting a number of faults on a G83 3600TL Powfutuer inverter, one fault that keeps coming up is“Grid Voltage Fault”

The gird voltage has
exceeded the permitted
range according to local
gird regulations.
Following causes might
lead to this error:

Grid voltage is too

high or too low at the
point of common
coupling to the
inverter.

Grid impedance at the

terminal of the
inverter is too high.
For safety consideration,
the inverter will
disconnect itself from the
grid for a short period of
time, and it will
reconnect to the grid
automatically after a
short period of time if the
grid voltage is back to
the permitted range.

Another fault that keeps happening is

“Grid Frequency
Fault”
The grid frequency has
left the permitted range.
For safety consideration,
the inverter will
disconnect itself from the
grid for a short period of
time, and it will
reconnect to the grid
automatically after a
short period of time if the
grid frequency is back to
the permitted range.

These faults are happening every day is this normal ????

It's not normal but I think its over voltage and your inverter is shutting down how long has your install been instaled..???

With the system not producing you need to check the incoming voltage,(if you are happy to do this) it can be as high as 253v, if it is less, then it is not a grid problem, so it may be that the inverter has not been set for the UK, or the AC cable may be too small, as this can cause over voltage faults.
I hope this helps.

Get the installer back and ask him to look at the logs on the inverter as some times the grid voltage may go up and down and if this is happening thats your problem, as earthstore said 253 volts and the inverter will cut out, if you have high grid voltage contact your DNO if they do nothing as it is up and down try a power one 3.6 OUTD they can handle high grid voltage...

I don't belive it is the ac cable as it is a 4mm and only a 6mtr run.
The installer say's the inverter is set for the uk
He thinks im getting voltage spikes through out the day wich is causeing the fault, but im not sure about that as the faults can be as many as 28 times a day

I've never heard of that inverter. Are you sure that is what it's called?

You've got three different faults there which has got me a little confused.

1st thing I would do is get hold of the test sheet and check the readings for Ze at the incoming and Zs at the inverter. If you get hold of your test sheets I will tell you where you can find them.

Are you in a rural area?

Reply to Faults on inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net