Discuss faulty dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ample current

I think have a faulty pump on the dishwasher , its the pump that pumps the water round while washing as opposed to the one that pumps the water out. Dunno if there is something i can test using my mft i can do to clarify any faults before buying a new pump.
any ideas appreciated

all you can do is continuity and IR tests on the pump motor. it could also be a faulty programmer, not telling the pump to run. these dammned machines are a waste of time, anyway. takes longer to load and unload them than it does to wash and dry dishes by hand.

Do a voltage test on either side of the pump during operation

WATCH THIS WILL BE 240V LIVE!!!

If there is voltage there you have a f**ked pump.

If there is not voltage then your control board has had it.

Also you can try a continuity test from the "output" side of the pump to the neutral or earth of the body of the dishwasher.

Either way repairing it my be more expensive than buying a new one!
You can pick a new one up for £200 from currys or comit and they come with 12 months warranty

Google the make and model of your dishwasher and price up both the pump and control board - I should think they will be over £100 each.

Bin it , buy a new one , easiest and prob cheaper way

Jamie

Im inclined to agree a new pump is £90 but its a phoookin integrated machine so cant buy one for 200 blooomin only 2.5 years old hotpoint crap. gonnd take it apart , then bin it then go to the pub and watch the rugby

Thanks for you replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't buy a new one!
Get a bust one off ebay for 99p and strip it down for spares.

The drum makes a brilliant brazier as well, fit the pulley wheel around as a stand.

Reply to faulty dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net