Discuss Faulty electrical fire in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

will271081

Looked at faulty fire it turns on and after about a minute it turns off all wiring correct and safe , it dose seem to work fine on 1st setting but on 2nd cuts out the switch is fine any ideas please

Have you actually IR tested this electric fire??

As Tel stated faulty thermal overload, or maybe a fault on 2nd element causing the overload to operate!!!

the fan is probably clogged up with dust so its not blowing enough air thro the elements and overheating on the high setting &cutting out(if it has a fan )

or just leave it on 1 element. save more in leccy than them godawful cfl lamps.

You can buy a 2Kw fan heater for less than £20. How long are you going to spend trying to fix the electric fire. (She who must be obeyed says "But it doesn't look the same") Sigh!. You just can't win. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

Reply to Faulty electrical fire in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
Hj our washing machine tripped out electrics the other day. Everytime we switched it in the electrics cut out. We noticed a larger bend in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Requesting your help please! I know this is an old system but has been working amazingly for 7 years! I had an engineer out who done a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have a 120v 20 amp circuit to an accessory dwelling with a run of about 75' of direct bury #12. The breaker keeps tripping even when...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock