Discuss Faulty Food Warmer - Job Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
My friend has an takeaway. He's food warmer stopped working.

He called me out at 9:30PM at night. I was on sight within 15mins as the takeaway was only 500m from my house.

Took 15 mins to find the fault, turned out to be the themostat relay board. Normally open contact not switching.

Told the my mate your termo stat controller is goosed. It's needs to be replaced. ÂŁ50-80 for the unit.

Armed with electronics knowledge I thought lets investigate further and look into the circuit board itself. Took the unit home. After bit of probing around managed to find the fault. Tested the unit and worked fine. All this took 15mins.

Next day went back to the takeway. Installed the repaired termo stat unit and everything worked ok. Toolk about 30mins.

Since it was a mates takeaway I charged him peanuts. ÂŁ30 all in.

If I didn't know him i would have charged:

ÂŁ80 call out charge for the first hour.
ÂŁ35 for the repair
ÂŁ35 for the to install the repaired unit.

All in ÂŁ150, What do you think?

With it being a takeaway, I got free meal while I was there!

The first mistake is to accept any freebie unless it's part of a prior negotiation because they'll always expect a bill for next to nothing or a massive 'discount'.

My friend has an takeaway. He's food warmer stopped working.

He called me out at 9:30PM at night. I was on sight within 15mins as the takeaway was only 500m from my house.

Took 15 mins to find the fault, turned out to be the themostat relay board. Normally open contact not switching.

Told the my mate your termo stat controller is goosed. It's needs to be replaced. ÂŁ50-80 for the unit.

Armed with electronics knowledge I thought lets investigate further and look into the circuit board itself. Took the unit home. After bit of probing around managed to find the fault. Tested the unit and worked fine. All this took 15mins.

Next day went back to the takeway. Installed the repaired termo stat unit and everything worked ok. Toolk about 30mins.

Since it was a mates takeaway I charged him peanuts. ÂŁ30 all in.

If I didn't know him i would have charged:

ÂŁ80 call out charge for the first hour.
ÂŁ35 for the repair
ÂŁ35 for the to install the repaired unit.

All in ÂŁ150, What do you think?

With it being a takeaway, I got free meal while I was there!

thats ok ....................

Reply to Faulty Food Warmer - Job Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock