Discuss Faulty ps3 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has had problems with ps3 but il ask anyway , turns green, yellow and then flashes red... Anyone any experience or know of symptoms like this....

Cause there might be done computer wizz kids ... I couldn't care if it works, but il probably have to buy new 1 for the youngen

IIRC it's normally caused by the solder joints on the processor breaking down,
Needs reballing so better off binning it and getting a new one.

We had problem this morning telectrix, full supermarket shut down, power off, so I ran up and pumped the handle and switched back on, happened again 5 mins later and then realised dials only set to .4 of full load.

- - - Updated - - -

< some spark

Try Team Xecuter (have a google), there's a few scottish guys on there who repair consoles and have a decent rep from reball to reflowing.

Not worth wasting the money when even those 2 methods are only Short term fixes, that's why most Console repair shops only offer 3 month Warranty on them .

Best bet would be to Check a 2nd hand shop like Cash Generator which had an old Fat model PS3 in it a few weeks back for 40 quid or buy a PS4 on Friday

Reply to Faulty ps3 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm trying to rewire an old plug. I've rewired a few in my time, but all have been with the post-2006 wire colours. I have this old welder...
Replies
Views
Hey all :-) Hope its chill that I'm here asking questions, I just inherited this old decrepit place in NSW (Australia) and went to wash my hands...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
I was called to a hall where 6 Ansell maintained exit signs were all dead. They were installed 4 yrs ago. The one that I checked had mains live...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock