Discuss Fed up with working in the dark? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1shortcircuit

If you do Domestic only and after some decent lighting then I can highly recommend the tripod units offered by Screwfix. For 22 quid I must say they're the mutts nuts. So much so I went and bought a second unit on the following day. They stand approx four feet high, balance nicely over joists when in the loft and the lamp units can be rotated to wherever you want/need the light. Oh, and they're IP rated witha fair length of cable.

I am currently doing a full rewire and have binned all the power and fitted a temp supply with just two sockets live. Split every outlet downstairs to find the first point of each leg, one socket now live in the front room and one right next to the kettle, short shunt with the fridge and microwave and happy days:D

Anyway, back to the lights... They are bright enough to land a ruddy Jumbo Jet :lol I may actually leave the job with a sun tan lol

PS I don't do site work so this suits my needs brilliantly and just thought I would share for those in the same position looking for a better work lighting solution for a small amount of money. I see this being particularly useful for those evenings where you need to fault find a lighting circuit in an occupied property.

:thumbsup

mate good luck with that but f*** me its friday night/sat morn. go home and get a bit of shut eye :)

I didn't mean currently as in right now lol

The job I am currently working on :D I finish at 5 but as I wanted to bin all the power and the owners work there on an evening when it's dark I decided to try out these lights in order for me to be able to cut out all the cable and crack on and they can still be safe working on the night time :)

i know mate im only kiddin ya. screwfix arent technically over here yet. this thread might be better over in the tools and products department thought

1SC

Have you got the link??

Forgot cant link to screwfix from here !!

What's the name of the light on the site??

I'm using the Autumn/Winter catalogue (they have a new one coming out tomorrow though I believe)

Product 71555 now only 22.49 (was 31.33)

I do believe you wont be disappointed even if you have to pay the extra, they are REALLY bright :icon6:

Reply to Fed up with working in the dark? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock