Discuss Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just retrieved a Federal Electric TB63SNT Switch/Fuse unit from a skip, it looks to be in very clean condition no rust or damage to the cabinet. The cabinet door was open and the handle/selector was not correctly positioned in relation to the acual switch activating lever to enable it to close and I could not rotate the knob. So I manually moved the interal switch lever from the CLOSED into the OPEN position then closed the lid and moved the switch to the CLOSED position and back to OPEN. but found that the door would not fully open. I tried pulling up the metal spring loaded trigger lever but I could see one locking claw still holdind the door locked. I removed the end covers and working through the exposed openings I managed to remove the Three screws holding the door lock knob assembly and the . But I still could not release the lock. I could now work through the partially open door and managed to remove the four screws honding a circular plate to thr rear of the locking knob assembly and the door then came open. BUT because I had removed the back plate some levers, a spring, and a small shiny pivot rod and a small washer fell out and I have no idea where they all go exept that the small rod is the pivot for for the metal spring loaded release trigger lever. Maybe the door locking mechanism was already faulty and that's why it was as it was in the skip. I would very much like to get it working Can any one help..

Kind Regards
Trevor

Appendium
OOPS I had not realised there was still another lever and spring still in the knob I was just going to take a picture of the knob and they fell out just to maske things even more difficult. The skip is still there !!.

Attachments

• Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-010F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-010F.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-011F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-011F.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-014F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-014F.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-015F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-015F.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-016F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-016F.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-017F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-017F.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-018F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-018F.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-005F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-005F.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-006F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-006F.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-007F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-007F.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-001F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-001F.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch MVC-002F.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    MVC-002F.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My thoughts are that even if you appear to get it working, would you want to put it in service with the risk it might not be possible to switch it on - of off - when you need it to - and possibly when needed in a hurry?

My thoughts are that even if you appear to get it working, would you want to put it in service with the risk it might not be possible to switch it on - of off - when you need it to - and possibly when needed in a hurry?
Hi Sid,
Thank you for the reply.
I totally agree with you, I think it was thrown away because of the problem with the knob. When I retrieved it from the skip the door was open but I could not move the knob at all even pulling the spring loaded trigger lever and the contact moving arm in the cabinet was in the closed position and hence not in alignment with slot in the knob which is why the door could not be closed. I manually opened the contacts moving the arm to lign up with the slot and closed the door and then was able to move the lever to open and close the contacts but when in the open position the door should have been able to open. The locking claw lever could not be dis engaged with the internal arm stopping the door opening and was dragged out of the back of the knob by the internal switch arm when I took the back off the Knob and opened the door the other small levers and springs also fell out. I am sure some one could put it together correctly in 2 minutes. It is those two small levers and two springs that are the hardest to locate.
Trevor

Hi Lou,
Thank you for the welcome and for asking about my broken switch box.
I have temorarily put it to one side for now. I have more urgent repairs to attend to that require a bit of lathe work. The only problem is I need a small Vice that will fit on the vertical slide of my TOS Mn 80 lathe so I can mill a part to repair the CO2 heater for my Mig welder so I can weld up my leaking Dunsley back boiler.
The Electrical Forum is not really for Machine Engineering discusions, I would be thrown out.
Trevor

Reply to Federal Electric TB63SNT fuse switch in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock