Discuss Federal electric in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
I have 5 Fed elect boards to change, How the hell are the MCB's held in they seem loose in the board but for the life of me I cant find a way of lifting them out.
Pict

I have 5 Fed elect boards to change, How the hell are the MCB's held in they seem loose in the board but for the life of me I cant find a way of lifting them out.
Pict

I think the fact that your changing 5 of these Federal panels should be telling you something!! lol!! These American style DBs and the breakers were and always have been unadulterated crap. As been suggested sell the breakers for as much as you can get, but one things for sure, ....I won't be buying any of them ...lol!!!

you'll be surprised, i bet you someone will buy it for spares, we had to change about 3 of them, take part off those 3 and make the remaining safe,the cover was balancing on by the main switch, none of the rcbo's tripped, no blanks, earths we just cut off. absolute mess.. the most dangerous installation i have ever seen. live bare end ceiling tiles above a sauna/ jacuzzi area inches away from the grid.

Found this.......

Pull the breaker you'll be replacing out of the panel by rotating it up from the outer edge of the panel. The breaker will pivot on its hinge end, located on the center line of the panel. Pull the breaker out of the panel when it works loose.

Loosen the screw terminal on the back of the old breaker with a screwdriver. Pull the load wire out of the old breaker and discard the breaker.

Slide the end of the circuit breaker panel's load wire under the screw terminal at the back of the new breaker. Tighten the screw terminal with a screwdriver to hold the wire securely.

Be sure the breaker is set to the "Off" position. Slide the hinged end of the new breaker under the metal tab toward the center of the circuit breaker panel. Rotate the breaker's teeth down into the panel and press it firmly into position, ensuring that it doesn't wiggle and is not otherwise loose.

Reply to Federal electric in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net