Discuss Feedback from Yell.com users please in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

simonatlondon

Hello gentlemen,

those whom have advertised through yell.com, have you had a positive response?

They keep calling me but I haven't decided yet so any help would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response.

I take it you don't advertise with them any more?

He quoted me at £47.50 per month. Reckons ill get 5 -8 jobs a month which obviously would more than pay for itself.

Judging by cirruses feedback, its not happening.:(

Hello gentlemen,

those whom have advertised through yell.com, have you had a positive response?

They keep calling me but I haven't decided yet so any help would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance.
i was allready in yellow pages and get quite a few inquiries from it, so after much badgering on the part of the yell team i finally crumbled and agreed to try yell .com and i have to say i have had 3 extention jobs from it allready so it has paid for itself and any other jobs i get from it is gravy:D the trouble with the free ads is there are loads:eek: with the paid one you get a enhanced listing,if i type in electrician for my area i am in the the top 8 listings and it covers around 360 post codes within my region.;)

Tried it with another business I am involved in and it has been crap so far, 4 months to go though !

Yes I've just signed for a second year.
Got my first job from the advert 4 days after the book was out & it paid for the advert.
I get 3 or 4 calls a month from the yell.com advert they do tend to be the " I need an electrician now" type calls, but hey you can then charge accordingly.

I knocked the sales bloke down to £21.68 per month (inc vat) for this year, that's for a 45mm (credit card sized) advert with NICEIC DI logo & 12 lines of text.

Easyfox, was that advert for the online one or yellow pages? I looked at other sparks ads and they're all text only, didn't see any logos. You hustler you...
Feedback from Yell.com users please {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Nearly fell of my chair tonight !! a customer found me on Yell.com!! needless to say it was a poxy job, RCD tripping because customer left extension lead plugged in and outside in a carrier bag!! i couldn't beleive they weren't using a "bag for life" some people just don't care about the environment!!

On a serious note i have been very disappointed with Yell.com, townpages and Rated People. I have had more work from the local parish Mag at £5.00 a month

You live and learn

poo for me, £175 and nothing, im sticking with local papers etc,shop windows also, yello pages too pushy, plead poverty to the local newspapers, they always cut you a deal!!!

Joined yell.com at the start of the month. I reckon I'm getting 2 calls a week from it.

Unfortunately, they've all been from Yellow Pages trying to get me to stick an ad in their book.

So, too early to say whether yell.com is any good for business but I'm mightily fed up with them calling me all the time.

mine poo, never again, best bet is local papers , plead poverty or say you on a budget and youve spent that qouta elsewhere! /tell them its a new business ask them to do you a special introductory,if they phone you<canvassing>after seeing another advert you have and reakon they can promise loads work tell them to give you a month free and if you do get work from it consider advertising with them!!! be cheeky,these are hard times.....for everyone including these sales peeps!

was in yellow pages for 2 years, never got any calls from customers only people selling tools, materials, insurance etc, dont waste your money use local papers, shops etc regards dave

The only calls i get from Yell.com are other busineses tying to sell me stuff. I paid to have my Logo and a freecall number on the advert.

Waste of money.

I get had work from Gumtree and freeindex

Mark

I tried for one year and got 2 calls.
I now use the Thompson local, Its more expensive but lots more effective as it's local to each area.
I also find the local press more effective then both, church mags (very cost effective) I also use to local fuzz flyer mags as i find them very usefull as "if it in the police mag he must be trustworthy".

Reply to Feedback from Yell.com users please in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock