Discuss fein multimaster or makita 18V multi tool? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
currently have a fein multimaster 240v, it's an absolute lifesaver at times, i don't know what i'd do without it. but, makita have recently released a similar version that uses 18V lithium batteries (of which i have loads)
now originally i was put off the cordless multimaster as it was alot more expensive, but now i could sell my fein and buy a bare makita and have money left over,plus i would have a cordless tool which is handy.

question is, will all my bits fit the makita? is the makita one any good?

Funny you should raise this one. I have had a Fein for a few years now, but a couple of weeks ago I bought the Makita as, like you, I have a load of Makita 18V kit and I really like the convenience of cordless. The local tool hire/sales place had the Makita roadshow in and were doing good deals on their kit (although you could find just as good on the web if you looked).

I ended up buying one of the kits as, for that sort of tool with accessories, I like to have a box to keep it all together and the extra blades will get used eventually. In the kit you get an adaptor which lets you use Fein blades on the Makita tool; you should be able to buy this seperately though.

I've only use the Makita once so far, but it seems to perform just as well as the mains Fein.

Anyone want a lightly used mains Fein multimaster, with box? I'm not a chippy, so don't use it very often, but for some jobs, you can't beat it.

whats the adapter like to use? I have alot of fein blades still! and I see the makita doesn't have a quick release blades, and you have to use an allen key, is this any good?

Funny you should raise this one. I have had a Fein for a few years now, but a couple of weeks ago I bought the Makita as, like you, I have a load of Makita 18V kit and I really like the convenience of cordless. The local tool hire/sales place had the Makita roadshow in and were doing good deals on their kit (although you could find just as good on the web if you looked).

I ended up buying one of the kits as, for that sort of tool with accessories, I like to have a box to keep it all together and the extra blades will get used eventually. In the kit you get an adaptor which lets you use Fein blades on the Makita tool; you should be able to buy this seperately though.

I've only use the Makita once so far, but it seems to perform just as well as the mains Fein.

Anyone want a lightly used mains Fein multimaster, with box? I'm not a chippy, so don't use it very often, but for some jobs, you can't beat it.

How much do you want for it complete?

whats the adapter like to use? I have alot of fein blades still! and I see the makita doesn't have a quick release blades, and you have to use an allen key, is this any good?

I bought my Fein just before they changed to quick release, so no different to what I'm used to. The adaptor is just a cast disc with the correct pattern of holes and bumps on each side. It fits between the blade and the tool spindle. Works just fine, although I guess it takes a few seconds longer changing a blade than on the QR version. The Makita rep said that they couldn't use that feature as Fein have a patent on it.

infact, most of my blades are from shark blades,and it the shark blades are designed to fit any multi tool so i think i'll be alright. although i do have some sanding pads, a grout remover and several other things I probably paid far too much for when i bought it that i'd still like to use maybe. The american version comes with a free adapter and blade, bet i get stung on import tax though!

I see I'm a week late in this thread but...

I've just bought a Bosch GOP 300 SCE. It was a ---- up between this, the Fein corded and the 14.4volt Fein cordless.

I wanted a quick release tool so I it had to be one of these 3. Eventually I bought the Bosch due to price and availability.

...and I love it. I wish I had bought one of these years ago.

Bosch blades are dear but you can get a wide variety of blades from a company called 'saxton' Saxton Blades

delivery is very quick and they are a lot cheaper.

a makita multi tool is £110 body only, a makita angle drill is £120 body only, so providing you already have some makita batteries/charger then i'd rather spend the extra £30 and have the better equipment with no batteries. I currently have a load of cordless tools, all from one manufacturer, all using the same batteries i think it's the best way

plus you have less different types of batteries and chargers to accommodate in the van, and when on a job you only need to get one charger out, and then the 3-4 batteries you have will work with the 5-6 cordless tools you have, and if the battery dies on one in the middle of working, you can just borrow from another tool which you will probably have out, and likewise if a battery goes faulty, then you can continue to work with the other batteries until it;s replaced, instead of having to wait until you get a replacement. and also, cordless tools are only as good as the batteries, so 12V 1.5AH 30min charge does not really sound very good to me and i don't think they would do much work between charges, as opposed to the 18V 3.0AH 22min charge you get with makita (or even the 20V 4.0AH new stuff from dewalt)

I received my makita multi-tool today from america (cheaper and the US version comes with an LED joblight) and I am impressed. used it all day and the battery lasts very long, it's quieter than the fein 240V one yet it seems to do the same job, it stops alot quicker than the fein one so you can put it down as soon as you turn it off, the grip is easier to hold as it's thinner. only downside compared to the fein is it does not have quick release tool change.

Hi guys I bought the Bosch one a wile back it was on offer think I payed £40 in the end for it, I'm looking to upgrade it to a makita, what I want to know is can I use the Bosch blades in the makita as I can get the bosch ones fairly easy I don't want to rely on the Internet to order them
Many thanks

The tool says it is compatible with the Bosch so could be good, looks like Aldis is on the list of things to do for Thursday, they have some other good stuff this Thursday if only I had some money!

I bought the aldi multitool to see what they're like before splashing out on a better 1. And to be honest I won't be getting rid anytime soon, plenty of power can't really think of anything bad except its a bit loud. But I'd recommend it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Reply to fein multimaster or makita 18V multi tool? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net