Discuss fein multimaster in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

bloody good tool. if using a lot though, go for a corded one. i have an elderly fein 110V and an aldi 1.8V cordless both are indispensible. great for cutting board for cavity boxes.

Very expensive ,but I bought one as a friend ( yes I do have one ) said how good they are, all so the tool bits are not the cheapest but cheaper than some . I find the switch a bit hard to turn on and off but it just might be my tool and not all of them ; also a nice long lead !

Quality stuff, but as said, costly.
The different ranges are just different amounts of attachments, I would tend to go for one with just a few blades and see how you get on, then get the cheaper blades elsewhere if you use them a lot.
I have a cheaper version that seems to me just as good. (but probably won't last as long!)

Dont have the fein but ive the makita 18v and the 240v version multitool,,,for some extra juice and its one of the handiest tools ive bought in a long time , id nearly go as far as to say i use it daily,,, the fein is brill aswell as my mate has it, bit of advice if buying blades by the fein ones as alot of the cheaper ones dont last very long ive found ,

I borrowed one not long ago to do a job and I was very impressed. I've just ordered a Bosch 18v cordless one the uses the same batteries as my drills, grinder and saws.

I've had a few different ones.
The Bosch green corded was my first at £70ish. Great at the time. Then I upgraded to the Bosch Blue cordless at ~£130. Far better then the green, less vibration, easier to use being cordless, however, battery life was abysmal. If you get 10 minutes of cutting floorboards, you've done well.
I then bought a Fein corded at £160. This was again far better than the Blue Bosch. Smoother again, quick release bits. Built like a tank.
Cutters/tools - the Aldi ones are availbe 3 or 4 times a year at £10 a pack, and are a straight fit onto the Fein.
Most of the Feins are the same - basic in a cloth bag with a few cutters is around £160, pay more for a plastic case and more tools. The basic tool is th esame in each kit (apart from the cordless obviously)
I'd recommend the Fein any day.

I have had a Fein for about 3 years now and cannot fault it or would not be without it, especially as it has an extra long power lead and variable speed. The blades and other accessories can be a bit expensive, but if you look on Fleabay there are some good deals on there.

Hope this advice helps.

thanks for the great input everyone, looks like the cheaper one has allen key blade removal, and the more costly one has quick release jobbie, i f*&$ing love my tools so I'm going for the big bad boy set!

I have just bought the new Dewalt DCS355N, it uses the same 18V XR batteries that I use in my drill and impact drivers, so I can share batteries. Great bit of kit, don't use it much, but is indispensable when you need one. It has a quick release blade change also.

I have just bought the new Dewalt DCS355N, it uses the same 18V XR batteries that I use in my drill and impact drivers, so I can share batteries. Great bit of kit, don't use it much, but is indispensable when you need one. It has a quick release blade change also.
talking about that, i think eventually ill pick up the makita version along with circular saw and jigsaw

talking about that, i think eventually ill pick up the makita version along with circular saw and jigsaw
Good idea, wouldn't mind increasing my set, jigsaw next for me
fein multimaster {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Or even a small grinder......

Jigsaw would be low on the list for me especially if I already had a multitool.

Absolutely fantastic tool, I made back my investment within a couple of jobs. Be sure to let the machine do the work, don't press too hard when cutting wood or grinding grout etc or you will be buying new blades every week.

Save older blades for cutting plasterboard too.

Reply to fein multimaster in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock