Discuss Few certificate questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

revolt3k

Hi again

Filling out some kewtech certificates and there is a few things im un-sure of.

Under main switch of circuit breaker details its asks for location, would this be the location of where the main switch is located eg Consumer unit or where the cu is located eg under stairs cupboard?
Also in this area there is an fure rating or setting to be filled in, i have already entered the curent rating of 100A so what could this fuse rating or setting be?

Hi.

I just had a quick look at those certs online and I would say that you are correct about the location being where the actual CU is located.

As for the fuse rating entry I would say it's an N/A if you have a 60947-3 main switch or a 61009 RCD as the main cut-out fuse details are under supply characteristics.

Cheers

The fuse rating,type and BS number should be on the main incoming fuse after the DNO supply.If there is nothing on the fuse casing you should find it inside the casing itself.Hope this helps.

Spot on macca, but all these details go in another section. It asks for some other fuse details in the main switch section, I think thats why he's unsure.:confused:

Kewtech Corporation | TC1 | Certification

Yes your right, i have the main fuse details (in another location further up the sheet) now the one im talking about if you look at the link/pic provided by lenny its lower down to the right it says

MAIN SWITCH OR CIRCUIT BREAKER
BS TYPE: 60947-3 ( is my main switch BS number )
NUMBER OF POLES: 2
CURRENT RATING: 100A
Voltage Rating: 400/230v

Then it asks for Location & Fuse Rating or Setting.

So i guess i should put the location of where the c.u is located and leave the Fuse Rating or Setting Blank?

The fuse rating that you are referring to is used if you have fitted a switch/fuse in the meter tails before the consumer unit. The term "setting" refers to a possible scenario where you could be using a moulded case circuit breaker to islolate the installation. The setting of said devices can be altered within certain limits to suit the required application.

Remember, consumer units are not always next to the incoming supply.

The fuse rating that you are referring to is used if you have fitted a switch/fuse in the meter tails before the consumer unit. The term "setting" refers to a possible scenario where you could be using a moulded case circuit breaker to islolate the installation. The setting of said devices can be altered within certain limits to suit the required application.

Remember, consumer units are not always next to the incoming supply.

thanks

I honestly believe there should be one template for all types of test certificates and ALL relevant bodies should only produce certificates identical to this template. That way we would all know what everybody meant when they had a query on a particular section of a test form.

The differences between the test forms of the various bodies is truly astounding.

One for all and all for one.:)

The templates contained within BS7671 are a little too basic - they just need a few additional items adding to them then they`d be ok. The problem seems to be that many scheme providers are paranoid about detail to the `nth`degree.

Thats what I mean.

There is a template published by the IEE yet a lot of bodies, NICEIC being the absolute worst decide that it isn't good enough even though it's designed by the same people that write the regs that we work to.

It boggles the mind.:rolleyes:

I honestly believe there should be one template for all types of test certificates and ALL relevant bodies should only produce certificates identical to this template. That way we would all know what everybody meant when they had a query on a particular section of a test form.

The differences between the test forms of the various bodies is truly astounding.

One for all and all for one.:)

I could'nt agree more. And yes those ELECSA ones online are quite good, but you have to fill out 2 due to no carbon copy.

Reply to Few certificate questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock