Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss figure of 8 on a ring main in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tux130582

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi can anyone explain or show me a link on the internet / drawings on how a figure of 8 can be created with incorrect wiring,

thanks

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
J

Jurassic Spark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Draw an oblong to represent a CU then draw a rough circle or U shape coming from the CU. Add sockets at random around the circle to represent the ring-main. Draw a line from the right-hand side of the circle to the left-hand side and add sockets to this line.

That's an example of a cross-connected ring main and will show up when you are doing your r1 & r2 tests.

W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi can anyone explain or show me a link on the internet / drawings on how a figure of 8 can be created with incorrect wiring,

thanks

Hi tux130582,

I have only quickly done this so I hope it works for you and shows you the incorrect wiring drawing.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp295/WarrenG_017/InterconnectionRingMain.jpg
Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to figure of 8 on a ring main in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom