Discuss Fike (Rafiki) Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

HMD

Hi all, Got some flats with office below to wire which will need CAT LD2 fire alarm system. Didnt want the hassle/Responsibly of this my self so im gna sub it. Had a local Fire alarm company price it.. was a bit pricey. Found another guy who will second fix and commission the system the thing is he uses Rafiki twinflex system. Anyone had any experience with this? Problems? is it any good? Ive seen some bad reports on a Fire installer forum.....

Thanks In advance

HMD

Keep well away from Rafiki, sensors used push in terminals, always and O/C problems.

Stick to Apollo or Hochiki from security suppliers for detection and better cheaper panels like Kentec, concept, Haes. Most panels will work on 2 wire basis, all with fulleon sounders, others with saviwire bases.

If your requested to fit Grade A then the above will comply, if Grade D then look at AICO radio link.

Hi all, Got some flats with office below to wire which will need CAT LD2 fire alarm system. Didnt want the hassle/Responsibly of this my self so im gna sub it. Had a local Fire alarm company price it.. was a bit pricey. Found another guy who will second fix and commission the system the thing is he uses Rafiki twinflex system. Anyone had any experience with this? Problems? is it any good? Ive seen some bad reports on a Fire installer forum.....

Thanks In advance

HMD

Hi Hefin,

We've fitted quite a few in the past, and whilst they are the cheap of the cheap, we've not had too many problems with them. We seem to get the same panel, but quite often under a different brand is something i've noticed...

Wow now this shows whats going on, Rafiki only realy sold by electrical outlets.
Apollo detection aproved by full BS and EN54 cost £6, Rafiki semi £28 +
Rafiki control panel 4 zone £165 + Haes, Firesense £120

Sorry Guys would like to install the professional gear not the plastic box stuff....!

Reply to Fike (Rafiki) Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock